Can I still upgrade my Nitro Pro 10 licence?

Jonnie White

Jonnie White

I have just purchased an upgrade but cannot get it to activate.  Showing following error message:

-20: error - Invalide licence number.  The serial number does not exist .  Please contact support via the link below.

The support request link asks me to enter my serial number and tells me it is active, but still I get the same error message.  It does not allow me to lodge a support request.  And therefore I am just going in circles.

Please help

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Jonnie White

Thanks for reaching out to us -

The version 13 serial number was sent to your email address.

Please get the correct version 13 installer from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads
After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your new version 13 serial number.

I hope this helps!

Jonnie White

I was using the NEW version 13 serial number to try and upgrade from my version 10 and having the previous problem. So the serial number was not the source of the problem.

Unfortunately I am not able to download the trial version of Nitro Pro 13 as I am getting the following error message:

Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding.  The following files are in use. You'll have to close these applications before the installation can proceed.  Click CONTINUE to close them and continue - Brother Control Center (BrCtrlCntr.exe).

I have shut down ALL programs, restarted the computer and tried instaling Nitro 13 again but still faced the same error message. I have a Brother Printer and use the Brother Control Centre regularly for scanning so I do not want to uninstall this program.   What more can I do?

UPDATE - I just went to the Task Manager and shut down all and anything related to Brother Control Centre and now it is working.

Edited by Jonnie White
Found solution