How to Protect/Lock a Fillable Form After Being Created

Vicki Gable

Is there a way, and if so, how would I protect/lock a fillable form once I've created it. I don't want anyone, not even the recipient to change or type information anywhere on the form other than the designated areas. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Vicki Gable

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

You can protect/lock the forms you placed on the document by assigning a document permission. Please refer to the steps below:
Note: Please make a copy of the document before assigning a document permission. 

1. Go to File > Document Properties. 
2. Under Security tab, Set the Security Method to Password Security. This will open the Password Security window. 
3. Under Permissions section, tick the box then assign a password and take note of it. Under Changes allowed, set it to Filling-in form fields and signing (see screenshot below)

image.png.8b898e9d582b1e100f4cfc9ac9c5287a.png

4. Click Finish > OK. Then save the document. 

I recommend to further test the permissions you can assign on the document so you could see the results. 

Kind regards, 

1 hour ago, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @Vicki Gable

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

You can protect/lock the forms you placed on the document by assigning a document permission. Please refer to the steps below:
Note: Please make a copy of the document before assigning a document permission. 

1. Go to File > Document Properties. 
2. Under Security tab, Set the Security Method to Password Security. This will open the Password Security window. 
3. Under Permissions section, tick the box then assign a password and take note of it. Under Changes allowed, set it to Filling-in form fields and signing (see screenshot below)

image.png.8b898e9d582b1e100f4cfc9ac9c5287a.png

4. Click Finish > OK. Then save the document. 

I recommend to further test the permissions you can assign on the document so you could see the results. 

Kind regards, 

Thank you