Nitro Pro 12 - editing features are not available

Chase McNelis

Chase McNelis

Recently we have lost the ability to edit files including the ability to insert, delete, rotate pages.  Those abilities are greyed out on the Home tool ribbon.  The Page Layout, Forms and some features of the Erase ribbon are not available as well.  We had all of these abilities last week, but for some reason not today.  I'm not sure what has changed or why we no longer have these abilities.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Chase McNelis,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under the Help tab? This window should show the exact build of the program (format is 12.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 12.16.9.574). The same information is available by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Lastly, a screenshot of the error message you have received after entering your serial number. To find out how to take a screenshot using Snipping Tool, check out this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Chase McNelis

@Allain Umailin - I just made a discovery that in my pdf template the security settings allow "Change Document" and "Document Assembly" but on documents we have created from the template those settings have changed to Not Allowed.  Any idea why this would happen if those settings were not intentionally changed?  Our files are saved to Sharepoint, is it possible this is a Sharepoint issue?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Chase McNelis,

Thank you for sharing this discovery but please be aware that Nitro Pro has no option to add security without user's intervention.

If you open one affected document using Adobe, does exhibit the same behavior?