Highlighting disappears

Adjuster 54

ver 13 - 13 70 2 40 

Having the same issue and really frustrating.  Will  highlight text and then the highlighting disappears. Sometimes scrollingdown a page and then back up makes it show up.  If I go back  and highlight the same areas again and  then close / reopen the file the highlight usually comes back but now it shows  2 layers do it is much darker.  Worst isssue is  reviewing a spreadsheet and highlighting items that need to be reviewed and suddenly the highlighting jus vanishes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Highlights ok,save file, then send it in an email..  I cannot see the highlights, in my original file, nor can the recipient of the file 

Quite frustrating when I'm reviewing it again or referring to the highlights on the phone 

• 2 months later...
Nancy Blair

Have an end user with the same/similar issue.  Using the same version 13.70.2.40

He will highlight an area, scroll down, and then when he scrolls back up, the highlight is gone.  Or sometimes he will highlight the area, save, and the highlight disappears.  

I have tried uninstalling/re-installing.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Nancy Blair

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We have released a new build of Nitro PDF Pro 13 (13.70.4.50) and it is available for download. If updating to that build is possible on your end, please update and see if this issue persists.
If it does, kindly share a copy of the PDF document then describe the exact workflow of the user and which text is highlighted so we can test and see if the issue can be reproduced on our end. 

Kind regards, 

• 2 weeks later...
Madeleine Ekelund

@Reymund G. I have the same problem! 

I updated to the last version, Pro 13 (13.70.4.50), but still have problems when I highlight in the document. It works fine for a while, but sometimes when saving, the document flashes for a second and then part of the highligting is gone. If i save again and close the document and open it again, the highlighte is there. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Madeleine Ekelund

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was able to replicate the issue as described.
We will look into this and investigate what is causing the issue. 

Kind regards, 

• 1 month later...
Daniel Fleming

Any update on this? I've recently moved to Nitro from Acrobat and all seemed great until I hit this much-reported issue that's crippling my work (academic author routinely marking up hundreds of PDFs). Highlighting just suddenly disappears on the article I'm working with and I have to close and re-open the PDF to see it again! (latest version, on latest Win 11 )

• I agree 1

• 1 month later...
Madeleine Ekelund
On 4/11/2023 at 11:38 AM, Reymund Oyong said:

Hi @Madeleine Ekelund

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was able to replicate the issue as described.
We will look into this and investigate what is causing the issue. 

Kind regards, 

Any update? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Madeleine Ekelund

Based on my test with some older builds of Nitro PDF Pro 13, so far the 13.58.0.1180 build is not exhibiting the issue with the highlight disappearing. I also found that this issue is no longer occurring on Nitro PDF Pro 14. 

I can provide the installer for the 13.58.0.1180 build or you may have the option to upgrade your existing license to version 14 through our Upgrade Portal.

Kind regards,

• 3 weeks later...
Madeleine Ekelund
On 7/23/2023 at 7:57 PM, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @Madeleine Ekelund

Based on my test with some older builds of Nitro PDF Pro 13, so far the 13.58.0.1180 build is not exhibiting the issue with the highlight disappearing. I also found that this issue is no longer occurring on Nitro PDF Pro 14. 

I can provide the installer for the 13.58.0.1180 build or you may have the option to upgrade your existing license to version 14 through our Upgrade Portal.

Kind regards,

Thanks for checking! 

Could you please provide me with the 13.58.0.1180 build. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Madeleine Ekelund

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Preston Rasberry @Madeleine Ekelund

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. 
Here are the download links to the MSI installer for Nitro PDF Pro 13.58.0.1180:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi 
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.58.0.1180/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi

Kind regards,