F Key in app causes open dialog

Haynes Skower

Haynes Skower

On one of our computers (Win 10 X64) Using Nitro Pro 13 latest release patched. 

Open a PDF or create a new one, hit F key will always start the open file dialog.  This just started recently and I have been unable to figure out why.  All other programs on this computer have no issues when hitting letter F on the keyboard and the virtual keyboard in windows does it as well to rule out a stuck key etc.

I've completely removed the software, cleared out all Nitro folders (program files, program data, appdata/local/roaming) and reinstalled with the same issue.

No idea why this is happening and we have been unable to use the edit type/text on a PDF if there is a letter F we want to add the open file dialog will always open instead of typing F.

Letter F works on all other software in Windows, can type F everywhere except when in Nitro.  

Any help would be great.

HS

• Official Nitronaut

Hello HS,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

In case the problem is something to do with the installation, can you please try the following for me:

1. Download our latest Clean Up utility: https://www.gonitro.com/support/tools/cleanup-utility-list
2. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't properly run from within the zip)
3. Run the utility (NOTE: This will remove any custom signatures / stamps. Let me know if these need to be backed up)
4. Reboot
5. Download and install 13.70 from here: https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads

Please let me know if the issue persists.