Moved to a new Mac, and install/activation fails

Sverre Olesen

Sverre Olesen

Hi,

I just moved to a new Mac, throwing away the old one, and wanted to reinstall my PDFPenPro v12 purchased a couple of years ago (Smile). (Re-)Activation now fails, and when I even try to upgrade my product you are not able to recognize my license key. 

How to proceed? I actually don't need to upgrade, the previous version works fine according to my actual needs, so if I can get that one going, I would be fine.

I saw a tip about downloading Nitro 12 from your download pages and use my "old" license on that one, but I am not able to locate it. I only find the new v13 file

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Sverre Olesen,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message when you attempted to activate your PDFPen Pro 12?

To find out how to take a screenshot using Snipping Tool, check out this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Sverre Olesen,

My apologies for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find this license key in our licensing server. One possible cause is that a few characters are wrong.

Would you be able to provide a copy of the invoice for this purchase?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Sverre Olesen
50 minutes ago, Allain Umailin said:

Hello @Sverre Olesen,

My apologies for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find this license key in our licensing server. One possible cause is that a few characters are wrong.

Would you be able to provide a copy of the invoice for this purchase?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Completed, thx for responding!

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Sverre Olesen

We apologize for missing your updates in this post.
Would you be so kind to send me your license code and the invoice receipt. This will help me check your license code and test it further on my end. 

Kind regards, 

Sverre Olesen
On 3/8/2023 at 11:32 PM, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @Sverre Olesen

We apologize for missing your updates in this post.
Would you be so kind to send me your license code and the invoice receipt. This will help me check your license code and test it further on my end. 

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund,

Thx for getting back to me!

All that info was passed directly on to Allain more than a month ago. He specifically asked me to take the dialogue via direct messaging (email). I think it was to avoid the rest of community to see the license info and purchase details, but I cannot tell for sure ...

I have also tried to pursue Allain for the last 4 weeks about an update, but reverted to this "channel" since he stopped responding to me.

It all stopped from his side (on February 1), when I told him I got this via a bundle from Parallels (the virtualization company). The receipt was also attached (from February 2020). His first response after providing this info was that "you" had no track of it since it was from a bundle ...

License Key(s):
PPEN12_S_1_0A6*****-********-********-********-D******7

Edited by Reymund G.
Hide part of serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Sverre Olesen

I was able to find a record of that version 12 license code. 
From what I understand you are receiving an error message when registering PDFPen 12 using this license code. If you have not tried installing PDFPen 12 using the installer from the link below, please do so then try to register it again. 

https://www.gonitro.com/support/other-pdfpen-versions

If  you still cannot activate, I'd appreciate if you share the exact error message or a screenshot of it. 

Kind regards, 

Sverre Olesen

Thx, this actually did the trick!

I do, as a precaution, always keep a copy of the installers, and were using the old installers I kept locally to install on the new machine. But this new "fresh release" did the trick.

Again thanks! Happy to get going 🙂

Sverre Olesen

By the way, one more question:

Am I entitled to purchase an upgrade from this version of PDF Pen?

When visiting this URL: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade and paste in my current license number, I get the message:  

We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Sverre Olesen

Glad to hear that the installation and activation went successful. 
Please note that the license portal at https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal is for Nitro PDF Pro for Windows licenses. However, it does not mean that you cannot upgrade your existing PDFpen license to the Pro version of Nitro PDF Pro for Mac. 

Nitro currently offers a discounted upgrade price to the latest version for existing owner of PDFpen / PDFpenPro licenses.
Please let me know if you are interested on this upgrade discount.

Kind regards,

Sverre Olesen
4 hours ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Sverre Olesen

Glad to hear that the installation and activation went successful. 
Please note that the license portal at https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal is for Nitro PDF Pro for Windows licenses. However, it does not mean that you cannot upgrade your existing PDFpen license to the Pro version of Nitro PDF Pro for Mac. 

Nitro currently offers a discounted upgrade price to the latest version for existing owner of PDFpen / PDFpenPro licenses.
Please let me know if you are interested on this upgrade discount.

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund,

I absolutely could be interested, but it will all comes down to the price 😉  Most of my real needs are already covered, so ...

But please tell me how, and which site I should visit. I just followed the leads that the tool gave me, and as such it is a bit strange that a Mac tool took me to a Windows only upgrade site.

Best regards,

Sverre 

• 3 weeks later...
Sverre Olesen

Very slow response here I must say ...

I am trying to figure out what an upgrade will cost me, but it is impossible to figure out. I only get the option to purchase a new one.

If I try to initiate a support request (as a registered user), I get the feedback from the automatic system that my license is not valid. Probably the same challenge I started this dialogue around. If I try the "Upgrade"-function from the App, it directs me to "purchase new". (this is still on a Mac remember, and I am on v12)

• 2 weeks later...
Sverre Olesen

This should have been a very simple question, shouldn't it? Since this could impact future support needs as well, I choose to try out PDF Expert instead. Probably not a huge difference in an upgrade price with you as it is a campaign going on now with a 50% discount for a brand new license with them..

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Sverre Olesen

My sincere apologies for missing your update to this post. Here are the upgrade prices available at the moment:

• From PDFpen to Nitro PDF Pro 13 for Mac is US$59.99
• From PDFpen to Nitro PDF Essentials 13 for Mac is US$44.99

I understand that you already chose another PDF software. In any case you are still interested to upgrade your PDFpen 12 license to any of the above upgrade prices, feel free to send your request in this post and I'll be happy to assist you further. 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

Sverre Olesen
4 hours ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Sverre Olesen

My sincere apologies for missing your update to this post. Here are the upgrade prices available at the moment:

• From PDFpen to Nitro PDF Pro 13 for Mac is US$59.99
• From PDFpen to Nitro PDF Essentials 13 for Mac is US$44.99

I understand that you already chose another PDF software. In any case you are still interested to upgrade your PDFpen 12 license to any of the above upgrade prices, feel free to send your request in this post and I'll be happy to assist you further. 

Kind regards, 

Hi, you actually made it in time, I still had 2 more days to decide for the alternative. I take the upgrade to pdf pro if still possible 👍🏻