Nitro PDF Pro 13 only opens in Microsoft Edge browser

Colonel Travis

Colonel Travis

Is there a way to just open it in Nitro? When I check for default apps, or right click a PDF to choose a default program, or look in the Edge settings there is no Nitro option. I don't want to be using a browser, how do I get the PDF to open only in Nitro?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Colonel Travis

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you right-click > Properties a PDF file, the General tab section will display which software it will use to open the document. There is also an option to change the PDF viewer which will apply to all .pdf files. 

Here's how I change the default PDF software on my machine. See screencast below:

Kind regards, 

Colonel Travis

I reinstalled Nitro Pro and was able to make the switch. Originally, for some reason the Nitro option wasn't showing up, it wasn't even in the install folder the first time. Why? I don't know, but it's there now after downloading and re-installing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Colonel Travis

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have tried changing the default application for PDF on my machine and Outlook respect this setup. It uses the software that I assigned as the default application when clicking a PDF file attachment in emails. 

In searching online for this issue, it seems that Edge is persistent in opening PDF attachments in Outlook. I found similar concern when searching online using the keyword 'pdf opening in edge from outlook'

The link below from Microsoft may help you fix the issue with Outlook:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/when-i-open-pdf-files-in-outlook-they-open-into/cf8cd53c-2365-488e-b078-8eba87607ff1 

Kind regards,