Need help with QuickSign & Bookmarking

Jan Glaze

Hello -

I've used Nitro Pro 12 flawlessly for years.  I got a new computer and deactivated and re-activated on the new computer with the required upgrade.  In the upper right it says I'm not logged in -- but neither does the version on the old computer and I can do everything I need it to do just fine with a deactivated license on the old computer.  Anyway, I digress...

When I try to create a signature with QuickSign, it doesn't save the signature.  I've followed the steps as it says, pulling from a file.  When I try to QuickSign and grab the signature, it doesn't have anything there and the cursor disappears when it hits the page.  I'm not sure what's going on. 

Second issue... when I open a pdf with bookmarks (say, through an email) and save it, the bookmarks disappear.  It's almost as if the version of Nitro that I have isn't supporting what I want to do.  So now I'm stuck with having to transfer files back to the old computer to complete work on them, which is a complete pain.

I'd really like some help with these two things.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Jan Glaze

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

It sounds like you have a broken Nitro PDF Pro installation that needs a repair. I have Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 on my machine and both of the workflows you mentioned are working as expected. 
I recommend to perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574. This cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro and the process is difference compared to Windows uninstall. 

Here are the steps:

Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and are NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

Note: AppData folder is hidden by default. You can access this by typing the above path and replacing the your_username to your user name. 

1. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.70.2.40/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

Please note that customized stamps will be removed since this tool will remove all traces of Nitro. 
If you have customized stamps and signatures, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps: 
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307 

Skip this part and move to the next step if you do not have any customized stamps.

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.   

5. Once Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 is installed, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 12 serial number then click Activate.

After completing the steps, check and see if the issue persists. 

Kind regards,