Scanned PDF disappears when Text is added

arnett@whitsoninc.com

arnett@whitsoninc.com

Clicking on Text, I add several Text items but then the entire document except the added text disappears. The whole thing (document and added text) prints but the only way I can get it to display correctly is to exit Nitro Pro, re-enter and open the document. Is there a way to get it back to normal or a way to prevent it from happening?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @arnett@whitsoninc.com

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please tell if this issue is happening to all the scanned documents that you open and edit in Nitro PDF Pro?
If so, please provide the version and build of the software installed on your computer. This can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

If the issue is happening to a specific scanned document, please provide a copy of your scanned document so we can test and see if the issue can be reproduced on our end. 

Kind regards,

arnett@whitsoninc.com

I can’t really find a common thread on what documents have this issue. I have not found it on any non-scanned documents but not all scanned documents do this. Even the documents that were doing this yesterday are not doing it today. I’ve tried several scenarios, running/not running OCR, including a picture in the scan, rotating the document and nothing yields any clue.

I guess I’ll leave this on hold for the time being since I can’t even force the issue to happen. FYI this is Nitro Pro v13.70.2.40

Bob Arnett