Improve Text Editing

Mark Hunsinger

Suggestion

Mark Hunsinger

The biggest complaint we have is that the text editing is not near as easy to use as Acrobat Pro.  They have a legitimate complaint.  It is a lot easier to edit text in Acrobat.  Please do some research and improve this.

1 reply to this suggestion

Natalie Chappell

I totally agree with this. Selecting text to edit is not "user friendly" - having to draw a box around the text (versus the ease of selecting individual letters, words or lines of text in other editing programs such as (Adobe or Cute PDF) does not always work.

This morning I was trying to edit a PDF document -  I just wanted to update a price in the middle of the paragraph, and it threw the remaining text in the paragraph onto a new line - in the middle of a sentence. It did not allow me to hit the delete or backspace button to bring the newly created paragraph back onto the same line of text, nor did it allow me to use the above box method to select all of the affected text to try and realign.  I wasted a good 10-15 minutes on something that would have taken two seconds with any other program.

Why I have to keep clicking the side bar button every time I open the program (to show the index of pages to select or delete) is ridiculous, rather than it staying open unless I decide to close it, and not having basic / popular commands such as rotating, zoom, adding an image, changing font, font size, bold text, italics, text alignment, underline text, adding a signature or stamp, re-ordering pages, etc. available to me on the main toolbar is another time waster.

These are basic requirements of a PDF editing program and should be easily accessible to the user - not hiding in the back tabs somewhere even though you have added the feature as a preferred feature.