How to Create a Multi-line Text Box using Nitro Pro PDF and WORD

Gordon Yee

Gordon Yee

Greetings to All,

I have an issue that I have been struggling with for weeks on and off.  I have googled, played with WORD and Nitro Pro PDF(NPP) but no solution as yet.

Issue:               My user wants a multi-line text box in a fillable PDF form.

Background :  My laptop is MacBookPro. Mac OS - Ventura 13.2.1   Nitro Pro PDF v13.3.0

I am beginner user on Nitro Pro PDF. I can create a WORD document with fillable areas for text field and check boxes. I have saved the WORD doc as PDF and use NPP to add fillable text and check boxes. I am unable to figure out how to create a box in WORD to have open ended multi-line text comments. I also learnt today that Adobe Professional 10 has the ability to create/allow multi-line text to be added to box area. Can I do the same function in NPP? If yes, please share the steps to do so. Your feedback and suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Gordon Yee

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

There is an option in Nitro PDF Pro for Mac to enable multi-line so that the text will be wrapped inside the form field. 
To enable multi-line, switch to Edit mode by clicking the dark arrow then select the form field. Once the form field is selected, click the Inspector button located at the top right. From there, you will have the following options to be configured in the text field:

• Character Limit
  • Required
  • Multi-line
  • Size to fit
  • Scroll text

I made a screen recording so you could see the exact workflow and the results when multi-line is enabled on the form. You can view the recording through the link below:

Kind regards,

Gordon Yee

Dear Reymund,

I thank you for your sharing your time and expertise. Your text and video instructions are fabulous in showing me how to create a text box to add and enter multi-lines input into a fillable PDF document. I am now able to use Inspector to create the multi-line text box. You are awesome! I am very appreciative of your help. Thank you again.

Regards,

Gordon