Nitro Icon on Task bar but won't open the window.

Igor Macedo

Igor Macedo

Hello,

I have downloaded the Nitro Pro version 13.70.4.50, and at some point I tried to open a PDF, but only the icon appeared on my taskbar, but no actual window.  As I place the cursor above the icon, a white "preview window" appears and nothing else.  I tried repairing it, uninstalling and installing it again but nothing seems to work.  I have rebooted my machine several times throughout the entire process and nothing.

I am not sure what else I can do to get around this issue and any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Igor Macedo

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have seen this behavior before when the application launches but it just appears in Windows' Taskbar and it does not exhibit any error message. 
Please try the following and see if it helps:

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro again. 
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until the Nitro Pro window appears.

Sometimes this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor. 
You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift and right-clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar and selecting, "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

You may also try Maximizing the application in the Task Manager > Processes tab. When you see the Nitro Pro icon under the Processes tab of Task Manager, expand it then right-click and select Maximize. 

Kind regards,

Igor Macedo

Hello @Reymund Oyong,

Thanks for replying to this post. I have tried everything you mentioned above, but still no luck. I have tried expanding it through the Task Manager, but it didn't work. It says it's consuming only 23mb on the task, which to me sounds very low (as if the PDF files aren't actually open, but just the program home screen being active). I use the program for digitizing work, so I need to deal with several PDF files daily.

I also tried reinstalling, but nothing.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Igor Macedo

Please try to end the Nitro PDF Pro process in the Windows Task Manager. 
When done, locate the Nitro PDF Pro icon then run it as administrator. If this did not work, kill again the process in the task manager then on the Nitro PDF Pro icon, go to its Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, check the Compatibility mode then select Windows 8. Click Apply then Ok. 

Observe if these changes will allow you to successfully launch Nitro PDF Pro. 

Kind regards, 

Igor Macedo

Hello @Reymund Oyong,

I got the program to work by doing the following steps:

1. Uninstall the program

2. Restart the Machine

3. Delete any remaining folder in the Program Files folders.

4. Under Registry Editor, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and delete any keys related to the Nitro.

After doing so, I installed the program again and it worked fine.

Hopefully that works for anyone experiencing the same issue.