Protected documents printing blurry all of the sudden

Dave Gaudreau

Dave Gaudreau

I have been using Nitro Pro Ver.13 since April of 2020 with no issues printing anything. Within the last month or so, whenever I print protected documents, they always come out blurry and unusable. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, which upgraded the version to 13.70.4.50 and I am using a Windows 10 Pro machine 64 bit, which is up to date. I have tried many things, but I now have to print the initial protected documents using Microsoft PDF Printer and then open the document in Nitro. Any help would be appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Dave Gaudreau

Are these files being printed to a physical printer? Or the PDF printer?

If you are converting to PDF using the PDF printer, you may want to check the following article for some suggestions:

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/conversion/000004089

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Dave Gaudreau

Thank you but I have tried all of that. Nitro Pro always worked perfectly printing protected documents using the Nitro PDF Printer. All of the sudden, about 2 months ago, the quality went away and the protected documents are all now printed very blurry and unusable. The only way that I can now use these documents, which I use on a daily basis, is to first print them using the Microsoft PDF printer. Using this makes the documents come out as clear as they used to when using the Nitro PDF Printer. This is a real disadvantage to me as it just complicates my job, especially since it always worked for me in the past. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you like, I can try to send you a sample protected file, (Off Post) so you can try it yourself.

• Official Nitronaut

Hi Dave,

Please access this and sign in to the forums to be able to attach the file with your next forum response: 

Dave Gaudreau

As I mentioned, I see no way to attach a file. I am logged into the Forum and the only thin I see is Insert Image From URL. My documents are not online anywhere so there is no URL. Please advise how to attach or send a sample file.