Having trouble activating license on new computer

Brandon Byron

Brandon Byron

Hi,

I manage IT operations for users at my company and we've recently updated our computers, I have a user who deactivated their license on their old computer and is unable to activate their serial number on their new computer. I know he was using version 12 of Nitro on his old PC and his new one is set to the upgraded Nitro Pro 13, also I'm unable to deactivate on the website because the number of activations is set to '0'. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated since he only has 7 days left of his free trial. Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Brandon Byron

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please note that a Nitro PDF Pro 13 installation requires a version 13 license to get activated. 
If the user owns a version 12 license, please uninstall Nitro PDF Pro 13 and then install Nitro PDF Pro 12. The installer can be located from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - please ensure that you click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link. 

After the installation, the version and complete build should be Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574.
You can verify these details when you open the application and then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. Once confirmed, you should be able to activate it using a version 12 license. 

Kind regards, 

I'm having the same issue with Nitro Pro V 13 Build 13.70.4.50, The activation certificate returns an "Invalid Data" message. I note my old computer has Build 13.35.3.685. Could that be the issue?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @cfhaas

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the serial number that you were using to activate the software? 
Furthermore, when you activate it by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro and then clicking the Activate button, does it ask for a serial number, or is it redirecting you to a manual activation and requiring a certificate? 

Kind regards, 

The Sn is

504***************

The install program is asks a SN but then goes  for a manual activation. I've tried generating the certificate, but then get the Invalid Data message. Further, since I sent the first board message, I noticed that my version 13 is 64 bit whereas the 14 version is 32 bit. Does that make a difference?

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @cfhaas

You should install Nitro PDF Pro 13 as your serial number is a version 13 license. 
To ensure that you have the right version and latest build, please uninstall the existing Nitro PDF Pro on your computer. You can uninstall it under Windows' Control Panel > Programs and Features. After that, download the Nitro PDF Pro 13 installer from the link below and use it to install version 13:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link.

Once Nitro PDF Pro 13 is installed, activate it using your version 13 license. 
Activate by navigating to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro and then click the Activate button, enter the serial number then click Activate. 

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @cfhaas

Could you please confirm the way you activate the application is based on the steps below:

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro
2. Navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro and then click Activate. 

If so, is this workflow still redirecting to the manual activation instead of asking for a serial number?
Is your Nitro PDF Pro already in 13.70 build?

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund Oyong

I completed uninstalled (it was V13, not sure of the build but most likely 13.70), then downloaded from web site as instructed . Noted that it was a trial version. I  then proceeded with the steps noted above and it went straight to manual activation. No opportunity to insert serial number.

Now, I'm wondering if that SN on Nitro's server has it as already used. Remember, it was installed on a older computer, which I had dis-activated the license (or so thought).

A further note I will not be able to access this computer again until June 2, so if I may not reply to your responses until then.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @cfhaas

Please perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then reinstall Nitro PDF Pro 13. 
This tool will remove all traces of Nitro and the process is different compared to the Windows uninstall. 

Here are the steps:

1. Download the Nitro PDF Pro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.70.2.40/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

Please note that customized stamps will be removed since this tool will remove all traces of Nitro. 
If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps: 
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509

Skip this part and move to the next step if you do not have any customized stamps.

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 13 from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link.   

5. Once Nitro PDF Pro 13 is installed, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Hopefully this time, it will ask for the serial number. 

Kind regards,