Having trouble with activating my license

Hodaan Farah

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Hodaan Farah

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

After reviewing your account, I can see that you have a version 14 license with a serial number that ends with 2767. 

Please ensure that you have Nitro PDF Pro 14 installed on your computer so you could successfully activate using this serial number. 
To check which version is installed on your computer, please open Nitro PDF Pro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. If the version is not Nitro PDF Pro 14.x.x.x, please install that version using the installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - Please ensure to click the 'Download Nitro Pro 14' link. 

Once the correct version is installed, you can activate it by opening Nitro PDF Pro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, enter your version 14 license then click Activate. 

Kind regards, 

lucasefuller@gmail.com

I amso having activation trouble. I am an existing subscriber.  I uninstalled Nitro Pro because my Docusign PDFs wouldn't open in Nitro ("damaged, unable to be repaired"), and on reinstalling I insert my serial number and it doesn't work.  Serial: ***

Ive never used this Suppport Forum before and I can't post a new topic for some reason, all topics are greyed out...??

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information (Serial Number)

• Official Nitronaut
On 5/26/2023 at 7:36 AM, lucasefuller@gmail.com said:

I amso having activation trouble. I am an existing subscriber.  I uninstalled Nitro Pro because my Docusign PDFs wouldn't open in Nitro ("damaged, unable to be repaired"), and on reinstalling I insert my serial number and it doesn't work.  Serial: ***

Ive never used this Suppport Forum before and I can't post a new topic for some reason, all topics are greyed out...??

Hi @lucasefuller@gmail.com

The "serial number doesn't exist" error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro.

Your serial number is for Nitro Pro 13, please uninstall what you have and get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, activate with your serial number.

Please let us know how that goes.

lucasefuller@gmail.com
On 5/28/2023 at 1:29 AM, Leslie V said:

The "serial number doesn't exist" error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro.

Your serial number is for Nitro Pro 13, please uninstall what you have and get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, activate with your serial number.

Please let us know how that goes.

I have done that.  A few points I'd like to make before I go away, likely for the last time.  Firstly why wouldn't you simply have a message pop up when a user is trying to activate the wrong version, rather than send them on this wild and frustrating goose chase through support etc etc?  Secondly I hope that somewhere in your bug fixing roadmap is a ticket to repair the Docusign issue as it is a pain in the neck.  Thirdly you didn't answer my question about why I couldn't make my own new post in the forum?  Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

We do apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this activation issue has caused. 
We value your feedback and our Product Improvement page at https://community.gonitro.com/forum/15-nitro-pro is open for suggestions such as this.  

Regarding Docusign, would you be so kind to provide a description of the issue?
I would like to know if this issue is different from the fixes mentioned on our Release Notes page.

As per the post in our Community Forum, there should be a Start new topic button to create a post.

image.thumb.png.e0391dca97d59390da4357f5b805beed.png

This button will appear after signing in using your Nitro Sign account. 

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...
lucasefuller@gmail.com

The Docusign issue is as I reported on 26 May and as yet have no response.  Docs signed with Docusign won't open in Nitro, the message says the file is corrupted.  This has been reported by others before me.  I'm having to use Acrobat.