How can I make a bulleted list on a PDF file?

Random_Guy

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I can't find any way to make a bulleted list in a PDF file in Nitro Pro 11. If someone could please tell me how I can do this, or if it's even possible that would be great.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Random_Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Although our software is a PDF editing software, it does not provide the usual Word Processing that something like MS Word would offer. 

In this case, we only offer simple Formatting tools such as Font Size, Font Type, Font Color, as well as spacing. You can add text in a list format by typing text and aligning the text boxes so they look like a list, but there is no specific tool available for what you require, sorry about that!

I hope that helps!

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

So you can do this, but it takes a little extra work because it's not a Nitro feature, but a Windows feature.  If all you want is a standard bullet like so: • , then go to your text box or wherever you're putting the list, hold alt, and then type 0149.  This inserts a bullet into your document at the cursor position.

If you'd like to explore the other options available to you for bullets and other special characters, open up the Start Menu and type charmap.  You want to open the Character Map.  Choose your font, and then scroll down to see all of the characters for that font.  If your character has a keystroke associated with it, you'll see a thing that says Keystroke: and the key combo to press in order to make that character. Otherwise, use the copy button to put the symbol on your clipboard and allow you to paste it wherever you want.

Good luck!

Archived