Bad Parameter - Extracting Page

Reed

Just started today 2/28. Wife also has same version, hers started doing this also today. Re-install doesn't fix. This has to be an update release bug. Anyone? Anyone?

Capture.JPG

The same problem happen back on 1-31-17.  Mysteriously all of a sudden Nitro Pro stopped working correctly.  Any files saved to Nitro PDF became corrupted and could not be opened.  Could not save to any folder because lacked permissions.  Bad parameters and auto-crash on any attempt to highlight, etc.  Trying to insert files would also lead to a zero byte inaccessible file when saved.

Email customer support.

Mine is working now. Goobers probably slid a patched release in there in the dark of night! Was happening on multiple computers with different serial numbers.

Build is 11.0.1.16 and says there are no new updates if I try to update. 

Ticket number is # 00096984

Reed, there should be an update available to you to get up to my version.  It seems to be working on my end as well. 

Because the same exact thing happened on January 31, 2017 (you can go back and read the posts on this forum), I am going to press the company.  I need to get past the filipino support staff and get to an American engineer.

Obviously something is going on because both times it happened around the same time of day with the same variety of errors and both time it mysteriously resolved itself the next morning.

This exact thing happened to me yesterday and has been driving my crazy. I deleted all files that I created that day with Nitro and rebooted my pc and in my case, removed my old version of Nitro 8 thinking there may be a conflict. Things seem OK now except I no longer have the option of right clicking a file in Microsoft file explorer and converting to pdf. I have to go throgh the convert process in Nitro itself. It's a total hassle and I hope I can figure out how to get this feature back. I am however, still getting this when trying to convert and email. 

Thanks

Nitro Email Error.JPG

I tried to repair as recommended by Steven.  However, in my windows version 7 the options are uninstall or change. No repair is listed.  Any thoughts?

Steven, it appears the problem with Nitro Pro is sporadic.  The problem Reed, the other Steven and I (and others) occurred overnight and then fixed itself.  I have reported this and the engineers are supposedly looking into this.  There was no need to uninstall and reinstall Nitro Pro, that did not fix the problem last time it occurred.

I actually did re-install and that did not fix. It's working for me now. So strange.

I will also re-enforce that this error duplicated on two other computers with different licenses. They all resolved the next day. Scary. O.o

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I had never noticed this issue before but yesterday (February 28, 2018 sometime around 3 PM PST), I too experienced this bad parameter error when extracting pages. Additionally, QuickSign stopped working for me at the same time (error suggested that I may need to recreate my QuickSign profile, but I found little information in the help documents about the QS profile). Reboot, install repair, and multiple file sources were attempted and got the same errors. When I attempted the same functions this morning around 9 AM PST on 3/1/18, all was normal again. I'll be sure to check again on the 31st...

This is a simple test. Change the date on your computer. Watch the error. I've reported this so many times ad nauseam. I gave up and bought Foxit Phantom PDF. No issues at all and great program. 

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue.
This is a known bug that has been fixed.

I recommend downloading and installing the latest build from our website:
https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

To provide some background information on the issue, the bug will affect older builds of Pro 11, for 24 hours, starting at midnight (GMT), on the 1st of every month. Aside from the 'Bad Parameter' error, there are several functions within Nitro that are also affected.

Updating Nitro via the installers from our website will fix the problem.

Please note, if your copy of Nitro was installed by the company you work for, I recommend contacting your IT department as they may have customized installer packages. If this is the case, they will want to use their own installers, rather than the public installer listed above.

1 hour ago, Alex E. said:

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue.
This is a known bug that has been fixed.

I recommend downloading and installing the latest build from our website:
https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

To provide some background information on the issue, the bug will affect older builds of Pro 11, for 24 hours, starting at midnight (GMT), on the 1st of every month. Aside from the 'Bad Parameter' error, there are several functions within Nitro that are also affected.

Updating Nitro via the installers from our website will fix the problem.

Please note, if your copy of Nitro was installed by the company you work for, I recommend contacting your IT department as they may have customized installer packages. If this is the case, they will want to use their own installers, rather than the public installer listed above.

For the record, this happened on Nitro Pro 11.0.3.134. I do not feel that this should qualify as  an "older build." The issue persists...

Archived