nitro 11 incredibly slow open the program (not the file)

Luca Sgarbi

Luca Sgarbi

Hi everybody,
I have a very annoying problem: when I install Nitro 11 on PCs and open, it is really slow (like 30 seconds to open the program, if I keep the program opened in the background and than open a file, it works perfectly).
I have tried to install as Administrator, on multiple machines, disable antivirus check on nitro's folder but nothing... it's still really slow (like "no response") for 30 seconds.
How can I fix that? Now it's impossible to work with nitro.

I think it's relate to the license activation, but I can't figure out why. I have full access on the internet (tried both with proxy and direct access).

I tried to contact nitro by support form but it's not working, and there's no phone number or email, it's unbelievable!

thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Jeff Johnson,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Are the computers using a Proxy server? In order to figure out what's causing this, please submit a support request here:  www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

One of our Technical Support Reps should be able to assist you.

Cheers!

Hmm - I was looking for a solution for exactly that same problem running Windows 7 - 64 bit and Nitro 10. Worked fine for about two years and suddenly takes 30 seconds or so to start, no matter if started directly or through another app for displaying a pdf. No problem comes up in the Windows log files, the PC has plenty of compute power (i7), 64 GB of memory and runs on a SSD, and plenty of resources available.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Jeff Johnson,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I see you raised 4 tickets. For continuity and to avoid any confusion, we closed the others and merged them into one. Your active case number is 114130. 

Please ensure that you respond directly to that ticket instead of creating a new one.

Shae, our level 2 Technical Support Engineer, is currently handling the case. Kindly try the steps she provided and let her know how it goes.

Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Thomas,

Thank you for your message!

In order to figure out what's caused this, kindly submit a support request here:  www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

One of our Technical Support Reps should be able to assist you.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Jeff Johnson,

We have reached out to you via Ticket number 114130. We will continue communicating with you through that support case.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't say this is an answer, but I'm having the same problem. Apparently multiple other users are as well. This just started recently as it had been working fine before. I'm running a Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon (5th Gen) w/I5-7300, 16GB RAM, and an SSD. No other applications or programs have this problem on my laptop, but Nitro Pro sometimes takes over a full minute to open - for no apparent reason.

• Power User

It's a known problem caused by code regression since the Windows Fall Creators Update in October - see here

No obvious solution on the horizon

• 2 weeks later...

I need help also re the significant SLOW DOWN when I click on the print. It takes forever. Is there a fix patch for this? Please advise. Thanks.

• I tried re-downloading the update (version 11). Still the same.
  • This started since the last update not that long ago.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @IPECA @ARF @KP Texan @Edwin @Apriliarider @jobinoy

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Microsoft has identified an issue with their fall update of which has caused some programs like Nitro to run slower than normal.

We have decided to release a patch to our 11.0.7 build in January that will contain the fix related to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update issues.

We will let everyone know when is the exact date of this release as soon as we have this information. 

We also highly recommend regularly checking our download page to get the next build: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

Again, thanks for being our loyal customers and thank you for being patient while we provide the fix. 

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

Archived