activating product via command line?

billPrime

I work in the Client Engineering area at my company and I am creating an upgraded package for Nitro PDF Pro to be distributed by SCCM. I downloaded the latest Nitro 11 64bit exe, used the command line switch to extract the MSI. I then have tried multiple methods for importing the serial number into the install to install the software activated but every time it installs and I am prompted to activate the software. If I then enter the same serial number it activates correctly.

I have tried using the version 11 deployment utility to create an MST, entered the serial number on the command line via NPSERIAL=2346000xxxxxxxxx and even tried exporting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nalpeiron\Activity registry key from an activated PC, and importing it into the new install... all end up with an un-activated install. 

Is there a bug in 11.0.3.134? Or did the activation method change?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Bill

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

@billPrime This may sound like a stupid question, but I swear it isn't- you're using the MSI download links provided to Business customers (those with 11 licenses or more) correct?

Using the consumer downloads is going to fail because they're not designed to be deployed.  Otherwise, the deployment tool has worked fine in my experience, or you can install the MSI with the commandline.

The deployment guide is really good- you can also reach out to your account manager, and they'll be happy to help you get the software deployed correctly in your environment.

You can also submit a ticket, and they'll help you figure out what's going: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Archived