Links to bookmarks only work sometimes

VeryWellAged

VeryWellAged

I have a few dozen bookmarks in a 130K word DOCX file. When converting from inside MS Word 2013, some links to bookmarks work, BUT some do not. I check the original Word Doc and all work correctly in the source file. If that bug can be fixed, I am a buyer. If it can't, well I have no reason to purchase the product.

VeryWellAged

Just some extra info. I have found that while MS word allows bookmarks to be placed on objects such as photos that has been placed in the document, NitroPro does not support this.

I added text labels above and below the photos, highlighted from the beginning of the top label to the end of the bottom one, and was reliably able to get the HTTP links within the text to display the photos each time and not just the label above or below as a PDF. 

So I was finally able to get NitroPro to work, but as the option to support "links" is only available from Inside Word, and not from the standalone app, I gather that I get the slowest load/build time. It is taking fifteen minutes to create a PDF from the Word doc. This is not cool.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I can't help you with the speed issue, but you can set both Convert links & Convert headings to bookmarks for converting Word to PDF in the Nitro Preferences.  Open up File, Preferences, Create PDF from, Microsoft Word.  Make sure both boxes are checked.

For the speed issue, reach out to support: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket.  You'll want to include a zip file with the original Word doc, and the converted PDF.  Any notes you have on what works and what doesn't seem to work would help.

Archived