Print window and options: Nitro 11

Dude123

Question #1: When you select print and choose your print options under Page Scaling  and for example 'shrink to fit printable area' or 'Use PDF page size to select paper source', how come those settings clear after you print the page?  Is there a way to keep those settings in place and not check the box every time on a new print job?

Question #2:  After a you print a pdf, is it possible to have the print preview window automatically go away and back to your document you were working on, this would save a lot of extra clicks if you're doing document printing.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a major issue for our company as well. We do large amounts of "to scale" printing from large PDF files, being required to input multiple print variables for each print process is absurd. This is wasting huge amounts of time and money !!

Copied from Dude123 (posted March 28)

Question #1: When you select print and choose your print options under Page Scaling  and for example 'shrink to fit printable area' or 'Use PDF page size to select paper source', how come those settings clear after you print the page?  Is there a way to keep those settings in place and not check the box every time on a new print job?

Question #2:  After a you print a pdf, is it possible to have the print preview window automatically go away and back to your document you were working on, this would save a lot of extra clicks if you're doing document printing.

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly (or annoyingly?) this issue was resolved in Nitro 10.5.1.17 two years ago, but seems to have resurfaced with v11. I have created a support ticket once again today. Let's see what the outcome is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello,

These issues are being fixed. If you haven't yet, please update your copies to 11.0.3.173: https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads

While we are still working on fixing these issues in a new release of Nitro Pro there is the following workarounds: 

For the print scaling issue:

Please open the following location in your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\PrintSettings > kPagePrinterScaleSelector 

>> Set the regkey to '1' 

>> NOTE: You are required to use the Ctrl + P shortcut rather than File > Print to utilise this.

For the print window issue:

Please either press Esc, or the back button to exit.

I hope that helps!

Thanks Leslie,

I have created a GPO to set the registry value for my users. Please keep us posted in this thread about any progress with this, as I believe there are no auto-notifications of bugfix releases coming from Nitro.

Daniel

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello,

These issues are being fixed. If you haven't yet, please update your copies to 11.0.3.173: https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads

While we are still working on fixing these issues in a new release of Nitro Pro there is the following workarounds: 

Hi Leslie,

Any update on this? 

It appears taht others are affected by issue as well. Only these guys are requesting a refund, see the thread below:

Can it be that hard to restore a rather simple feature that was present in earlier revisions, and that was removed for no apparent reason?

Best,
Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Leslie,

I just installed and tested the latest version, 11.0.5.270. Looks like the problem is NOT resolved yet. Can you confirm this please

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 5:03 AM, Leslie V. said:

For the print scaling issue:

Please open the following location in your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\PrintSettings > kPagePrinterScaleSelector 

>> Set the regkey to '1' 

>> NOTE: You are required to use the Ctrl + P shortcut rather than File > Print to utilise this.

I updated my Nitro Pro to version 11.0.5.271, and then edited the registry. Under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, the data is actually stored as a string. I tried several changes, and these are my results:

"/i 0" means no scaling
"/i 1" means expand to fill printable area
"/i 2" means shrink to fit printable area

So now I can use Control-P to print, and it remembers this setting correctly. Thank you!

Archived