MS Defender kicking in on print to pdf

advancedcskills

advancedcskills

As per my mail to Eli in support.. 

I am putting this out there as I am sure others are having same problems.

While this is hopefully is not related to the continued problem of Nitropdf 11 hanging, I will keep that going with support over the coming week to see if get a fix for this.

• Print from Msword using nitropdf pdf driver. 
  • Anitimalware Service Executable - kicks in at about 18% CPU. (Win10 Defender), slow print to pdf.
  • Turning off Win10 Defender gives you instant speed increase in the nitropdf print job. 
  • tested using MS print to PDF with Defender on.. and no Anitimalware Service Executable call.. 

Eli in support has the screen shots.. 

advancedcskills

Just updated Win10 to creators version. 

Ran some tests on the problem.. Same. 

Also went into Exclusions.

(Note they have buried windows defender options even deeper on this Version.)

Gave nitropdf.exe an "exclusion"

Ran it to print a pdf from MSpowerpoint. 

Anitimalware Service Executable - kicks in at about 18% CPU. (Win10 Defender), slow print to pdf.

Turn Defender off....

Pdf creation dramatically speeds up.. 

advancedcskills

I made a NetMeeting with Eli from support team.. 

It was confirmed for 6am eastern Australian standard time, which means I have to get out of bed early and get myself setup for this.. 

Now he hasn't even bothered to send me a link and or answer any of my emails. 

Disappointment that Nitropdf really is not caring for customers that are trying to help them with these bugs they have got.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@advancedcskills my deepest apologies for this confusion! I already addressed this with Eli and he didn't realize that your Friday morning was his Thursday, not Friday afternoon. That was his miscalculation in the time zone difference and he feels really bad and is willing to try again and schedule another meeting with you at your convenience. This time I suggest you make him get up at 6am! :)

Archived