Re: Nitro Pro 11 Printing Preferences

deltalight

When I go to print from Nitro Pro 11, I get the Nitro Pro printing dialogue and not the expected Windows or HP dialogue. How do I change the printer dialogue so I do not get the Nitro Pro II version?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm not entirely sure you can- Nitro 11 is using the Office 2016 ribbon/menu style.  If your printer has a properties window, there will be a link below the Printer selection that you can click on to bring up your printer properties, which is a normal Windows dialogue.

Beyond this, you'd have to talk with support to see if they can tell you anything extra: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

I already went to support and they said it wasn't possible. Today however, I opened pdf files from a CDROM in Nitro Pro 11. Within each article on the CD, there is a <Print> button that, when pressed, brings up the exact non-Nitro Print dialogue I was hoping to get when I opened-up other pdf files in Nitro. So, since I can see it firsthand with one set of pdf files. Now to figure out how to implement the same for all when using Nitro.

I have a screenshot showing the pdf opened with Nitro Pro 11 including the desired Windows Print dialogue. I would like to attach this screenshot jpg file, but don't see how to do it. You can see the <Print> button on the bottom left. Since the producers of the CD were able to bring-up the Windows Print dialogue as shown in the screenshot, there has to be a way to do the same for all pdfs in Nitro.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

My guess is that your CD is calling the native Windows Print functions rather than using the Office ribbon style print function.  If you open Notepad, and press Print, that's the print dialogue you want?

I'm not entirely sure that this is possible in Nitro 11 without some kind of script or file change.

If you can find a way to switch Office 2013/2016 to the normal Windows print dialogue instead of the Office style that Nitro is using, you may be able to use that for Nitro then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Power User
Steven Zakulec
On 6/16/2017 at 3:52 PM, deltalight said:

I already went to support and they said it wasn't possible. Today however, I opened pdf files from a CDROM in Nitro Pro 11. Within each article on the CD, there is a <Print> button that, when pressed, brings up the exact non-Nitro Print dialogue I was hoping to get when I opened-up other pdf files in Nitro. So, since I can see it firsthand with one set of pdf files. Now to figure out how to implement the same for all when using Nitro.

I have a screenshot showing the pdf opened with Nitro Pro 11 including the desired Windows Print dialogue. I would like to attach this screenshot jpg file, but don't see how to do it. You can see the <Print> button on the bottom left. Since the producers of the CD were able to bring-up the Windows Print dialogue as shown in the screenshot, there has to be a way to do the same for all pdfs in Nitro.

So, I accidentally stumbled into what I think the answer is here- if you use the Batch Printing dialogue, you get the normal Windows print dialogue instead of the Office/Nitro style one.

To access this, you go to the File menu, then pick Batch Printing.

If you just want to print the PDF you have open, click the box that says "Include all open PDF documents".  Otherwise, use the add files button to select the files you want to print.

To make it easier to get to this screen, you can make shortcuts to get here.

There's two options, and you could use both if you wanted.

The first is adding Batch Print to the Quick Access Toolbar, and the second is assigning a keyboard shortcut to Batch Print.

To do the first, right click on the Home tab, and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar.

Click on Batch Print, and then the Add button.

If you don't want to add a keyboard shortcut, just click OK then.

If you want to add a keyboard shortcut, click on the Customize button at the bottom.

Find Batch Print in the list- should be the second one in the File category.  You can use any keyboard shortcut that isn't presently being used, and you can always remove a keyboard shortcut from one command if you would like to use the shortcut for a different command.

Click in the Press new shortcut key box and press the keys you want to use to bring up the Batch Printing window.  If you want to use Crtl-P, you'll have to delete that from the Print command first- scroll down to Print in the Commands list, click on Crtl+P, and then on the Remove button.

Hope this helps you!

deltalight

Thank you! That worked great! That dialogue box is what I was looking for. Don't know why it doesn't pop-up using the regular print button, but Batch Printing workaround works!

Archived