Create PDF From File

Kevin77

Having an issue creating PDF from file.   Started with Nitro Pro 8 installed and working fine on Windows 8.1 64bit did windows update and it broke.  

When you go to do the create pdf from file it goes through the motions but no pdf is printed nor any extra screens popup.  

Got a support ticket response talking about KB3170455 broke older versions of Nitro.  Recommended installing Nitro Pro 10 I did and still wouldn't work.  I uninstalled both versions 8 &10 and installed Nitro Pro 11 still didn't work (all this time attempting to work with MS Word docs)

I installed Nitro Pro 11 on another machine that had never had it on it before and it wouldn't work there on MS Office files but when I tried with a plain TXT file it worked.

Both computers have different versions of MS Office original had 2016 the test machine has 2007.  Both machines can create pdf from file with TXT files.

Please let me know what you think could be causing the problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Kevin77,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Is the issue file-specific or is it happening on all files you try to convert? What's the file you're trying to convert to PDF (ex. MS Word File to PDF)?

There are several ways of converting a file to PDF aside from Opening Nitro Pro 11 > Home tab > PDF drop down button > From FIle > Add the Word file > Create:

1. Dragging the file and dropping to Nitro Pro 11

2. Right-clicking the file and choosing "Convert to PDF"

3. Opening the file and using the Nitro Pro 11 add-in in MS Word/Excel etc. to convert to PDF 

Please try each one and let me know how it works. If you still can't convert, please submit a support request here with the file in question attached.  Please put on title/heading: Attn: Kelvin from forum 'Create PDF From File'

Cheers!

The issue is they are needing to use the mass convert function.  If you go into word and print to pdf it works.  If you use the create pdf icon at the top of the toolbar and select PDF and select microsoft file(s) (even blank ones) they won't convert they go through the bar at the bottom but no additional windows pop up.  I've tried multiple docx xlsx pptx files I have tried the add folder option and same result.

If I use a txt file with the process above it works fine.

#1 Didn't work

#2 Didn't work

#3 Did work

But my client is needing the function I took a screenshot of.Untitled.jpg

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Kevin77,

Thanks for the update!

I just saw your support ticket and I've assigned it now to myself. Let's continue our conversation there.

Archived