Changing document page size

Michael Ivarsson

Michael Ivarsson

with Nitro 8.1.1.3

I have  a question regardin changing the document page size, the canvas that is, I can not find a way to do that..if I have a 200mm x 270mm cm page, and want A4 size 210 x 297 mm, that is not doable.

So the document contains objects already, so that needs to remain the same, but I need to change document size.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

In Nitro 8, there does not appear to be a way to do this- Nitro 10 & 11 both offer this option.

Your best option in Nitro 8 is use Word or something else to create a page with the desired size, make a PDF from that, insert the page into your PDF, and then copy & paste everything on to the larger sized page.

You can also grab a trial for Nitro 11 and use that to just change the page size of the document if you only need to do this as a one time thing.

Michael Ivarsson

yes..thanks, that´s what I thought, using word isn´t an option, there is graphics objects and text from an existing document that we originally haven´t made, what I have been doing is to simply use indesign and create empty pages with a4 setup, and  with the same amount of pages as I need, and then I simply place the pdf files in to that, save out to pdf, and then I can continue opening the pdf in nitro for further editing, editing in adobe solely isn´t possible, just placing and changing document main size and reducing file size.

Just thought I could spare me that process, I also use indesign to finally save out with compression or small file size, because frankly Nitro is doing a horrible job at providing small file size that maintains good quality, indesign does this most often quite nicely though.

Thanks for the answer though, not sure what an upgrade would cost.

Archived