Pages by eMail

Jacques

Hi everybody,

I would like to be able to send just one page of PDF by eMail (employees presence reports, salaray report...) , is there a way to create some macro which would in just one click extract the current page et send it by eMail.

Even better: the pages I want to send contain each an individual eMail address then click on the address to  send the page directly.

Thank you in advance

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You can't do it in 1 click, but you can do this in 2 clicks.

To set this up, you need to do a step beforehand.

On the Home tab, you can go to Favorite tools, click Customize Tools, and add Email as Attachment.

Or, you can right-click on the empty space on the Home tab, and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar, then pick Email as Attachment from Backstage.

Once you've done this, you can do the following:

Open the PDF. Click on Extract on the Home tab.  Make sure the right page is selected.

Your page will be extracted into a new PDF. Then click on Email as Attachment.  A new email will pop up in your mail client with the new PDF attached.

If you're familiar with Javascript (or can find/cobble together something), you could improve this process, but that's a more advanced topic.

Hopefully this helps (if so, please click the green checkmark).

Hi,

Actually that's what I was doing, but it's boring (and error prone) when you have to do it 100 times every month...  plus I have top copy the address mail, a title... that's  why I wanted to automate the process. Is there a way with java (or whatever other programming language) ?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There probably is, but unfortunately I can't be of much help here as I don't do much Javascript work.  Otherwise, Nitro doesn't have any automation features you haven't seen already.  If you're thinking of going the Javascript route, maybe you can find & reuse something made for use with Adobe Acrobat- if you do find such a thing, please post it as I would be interested to see it.

Archived