Rescaling Paper Size

HansP

Hi,

Occasionally I have a pdf document with one or more individual pages that must be rescaled (eg an annexure with drawings in A1 size that have to be rescaled to A3). Is there a quick way of achieving this within Nitro Pro? I am able to right click on the page and select a new page size and orientation, but the content on the page is not rescaled as well. The (long) way that I am currently doing this, is to print the specific pages to a new pdf document at the required page size (eg A3), combine this new document with the current document, and then to delete the original pages (eg A1) and replace with the rescaled pages. Maybe I am missing something?

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi again @HansP!

We appreciate your posts!

How about opening the file using Nitro Pro > hit the Print button  (set all the pages to A3) > under Page handling > choose Page scaling > Expand to fill printable area

Would that be a viable workaround?

Cheers!

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for the swift reply! Unfortunately that is not going to solve my dilemma. Let's say I have a report with 30 pages in A4 format, and 3 drawings in A1 format at the back of the report. I would have loved the option to select the three A1 pages (in the Thumbnail side bar), rescale them to say A3, and resave the report. I am for example able to rotate the three pages on the fly, or any pages for that matter :-) , and it would be great if one could rescale the pages in similar fashion.

One can, in the thumbnail side bar, select a drawing and set the size by Set Page Size > Landscape > A3 but it does not rescale the content at the same time. Maybe your developers can add another step where one can select whether to shrink (or expand) the content to fit the new page size?

This is however a minor dilemma, for the rest Nitro Pro is magic!

Regards!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @HansP,

Oh, I understand now. I'll ask the Dev Team about this. Thank you for taking time to tell us about this idea. When you find the time, you are more than welcome to share this idea on our community forum. The more feedback and votes that are received then the higher the chance the idea will be implemented into a future release of Nitro.

Please proceed to the following link for the community forum where ideas can be shared and discussed - https://community.gonitro.com/forum/12-product-improvement/

Cheers!

Archived