Windows 10 File Explorer not previewing pdf document

HansP

I have Windows 10 on my computer and have been using Adobe Reader as my default viewer until I recently purchased Nitro Pro. I am extremely happy with Nitro Pro, but occasionally I have a situation where the preview pane in Windows File Explorer is unable to preview the pdf document. I receive a blank pdf document in the preview pane with a message saying:  

"Please wait...    

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows.........." etc).

I have completely uninstalled Adobe Reader, but the problem still remains. Any ideas what could be wrong, or what can be done to rectify this?

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @HansP,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

First of all, were you trying to respond/ provide a follow-up message via our previous ticket and it didn't push through? If yes, please accept my apologies. The closing of ticket was system generated. It closes after several days of inactivity.

Looks like you're previewing a document in Windows File Explorer with XFA content. These type of documents will need to be opened directly in Nitro Pro to be viewed and worked with.

Do you mind sending another ticket with the file attached so we could confirm? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kelvin, no need to apologise, totally my fault, as I never got around on my side to respond on the ticket.

I have found that Adobe Reader also gave me the same message for the same documents. At the time I was also trying out PDFSam, which somehow did not have an issue to preview the document. PDFSam also gave options in the preview pane to rotate, print, etc the document while in preview mode, which is quite nifty. However, I have abandoned PDFSam since, as I found it to be very intrusive and nearly impossible to uninstall.

Then I found Nitro Pro, need I say more?

I will send a new ticket with the file attached.

Regards.

Archived