Editable Regions

MichelleAssistsYou

MichelleAssistsYou

Does Nitro have the feature to add editable regions to PDFs so a person who's filling it out can save the file with the data intact without having to have the full version of Adobe?

Thanks

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I think the answer is yes.

You can certainly set up a form, and then set the security so that the form can only be filled out & signed.  If you do this, Adobe Reader will tell you that the document includes fillable form fields, and that you can save this document to your device or your account.

Hopefully that answers your question- if not, please let me know.

MichelleAssistsYou
On 8/14/2017 at 8:27 PM, Steven Zakulec said:

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I think the answer is yes.

You can certainly set up a form, and then set the security so that the form can only be filled out & signed.  If you do this, Adobe Reader will tell you that the document includes fillable form fields, and that you can save this document to your device or your account.

Hopefully that answers your question- if not, please let me know.

Right, & when you re-open it, all the answers are still there, right?

That's called "editable regions" when it comes to a PDF.

I don't remember seeing this anywhere which is why I asked.

Thanks

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Yes- I just confirmed this with the form I made.  I made it in Nitro 11, filled it out & saved in Adobe Reader XI, and then verified that the content was still there in both PDF programs.

MichelleAssistsYou

Great Steven :)

One last question...

I somehow have access to the cloud & I don't think that has anything to do with the trial I signed up for. Does the cloud do everything the desktop version does?

Thanks a ton

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm not exactly sure what the status of the cloud is, but it's more of an add-on for the main program- you'll do everything locally and then you may be able to save things there or take advantage of some extra features.

Archived