TypeError: f is null

Keith

Just installed Nitro Pro 11 and have a couple of documents from a client that are Forms. Both open fine in Acrobat Pro 8, but using Nitro all I get is "The printed copy expires on 31 Aug 2017 at 11:57:15 am TypeError: f is null" on every page.  Any ideas? Thanks,

Keith

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Keith,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Are there any sensitive information on the forms? Is it possible that you submit a support request and attach the forms so we may investigate further? 

One of our Technical Support Reps should be able to assist you.

Hi Kelvin,

Unfortunately, yes, these are proprietary documents that I can't share. I can export them to Word, and they are fine, just can't view as .pdf.  These are .pdf's exported from a document control suite called "Master Control" that is designed for FDA regulated industries. In my line of work I'm unlikely to have documents that I can share due to confidentiality agreements.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith said:

Hi Kelvin,

Unfortunately, yes, these are proprietary documents that I can't share. I can export them to Word, and they are fine, just can't view as .pdf.  These are .pdf's exported from a document control suite called "Master Control" that is designed for FDA regulated industries. In my line of work I'm unlikely to have documents that I can share due to confidentiality agreements.

Keith

Hi Kelvin,

One additional piece of info I just found out - the documents issued from this "Master Control" system are time limited. They expire in 48 hours.  I imagine this feature is what may be causing the problem.

Keith

• 1 year later...

I have encountered this same issue with document created by a different system.  It appears to be related to how the document conversion software puts expiration dates on pdfs.

I compared the properties of the document when opened in Nitro vs when it is opened in Adobe and noticed a few differences.  For example, in Adobe, it says it says 'Tagged PDF: Yes', and 'Fast Web View: No'.  In Nitro, both items are simply listed as 'N/A'.  Also, Document Restrictions in Adobe show that Documment Assembly and Page Extraction are not allowed; Nitro says that all actions are allowed.

For any one else that encounters this issue and does not have another PDF viewer like Adobe Reader that they can use, you can try to edit the PDF's details to remove the custom meta data fields that are causing the problems.  I was able to delete one custom field, mc_Expiration, and get the PDF to open in Nitro correctly.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Erin,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, we have created a support ticket on your behalf.

Kindly wait for an email from a Nitro Support representative within the new few minutes.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
Diana Quintero

Hi there, 

Is there any answer about this error?

I´m having the same error in a document, it opens good in adobe, but we need to do a process with nitro, so we need it to open perfectly with this tool.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Diana Quintero,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

Also a copy of the PDF file you are working so we can perform some tests on our end.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.