Mike

Collapse Bookmarks

Question

Mike

I'm running NitroPro 10 and would like all the bookmarks to be collapsed at startup. I can right click and collapse them but their state does not remain when I reopen the pdf. Can this be done?

5 answers to this question

Steven Zakulec

For a document, you can set it to not open the Bookmarks pane.  In the document, go to File, then Change View.  Set Navigation to Page only, and then you'll need to save the document.  Once you reopen it, the bookmarks pane will be collapsed.

Beyond that, you'll want to file a support ticket to see if there's another way to do it: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Mike

I appreciate the response and understand how to open and close the bookmarks pane but my question is how to collapse the actual bookmarks, not the entire pane.

Steven Zakulec

Okay- on my copy of Nitro 10, clicking the + sign in front of the bookmark will expand or collapse the bookmark.

Is that what you're asking?

Mike

Almost... collapse the bookmark, exit Nitro, open the pdf back up. Is the bookmark still collapsed? I have a very long bookmark tree and I want two primary bookmarks expanded with all their children collapsed.

Steven Zakulec

I don't see an easy way to do this- maybe support knows.  Otherwise, you might be able to do something with Javascript on the document open.