Several Issues with Nitro Pro 11

Josh

Hello,

Several workstations in my office constantly have issues with Nitro Pro 11.0.5.271 (List below). Has anyone encountered any of these and figured out a work around? It seems like updates are very uncommon, and do not fix any of these issues. I've tried using the cleanup tool as suggested by support, but every time the issues come back within hours-days.

1. Scanned PDF's are over 20mb (300 DPI, Grayscale, OCR-Scanned and Editable). Never had this issue until the 07/21/2017 update.
  2. Constant crashes/hangups when opening a PDF, adding Text to a PDF, combining two PDF's, editing texts on a PDF. See above about cleanup tool recommendation.
  3. When adding text to a PDF, about 20% of the time, the text disappears and is replaced with boxes.
  4. Pages in a document that I've scanned are often not the same size (Page 1 will appear fine at 100% zoom, whereas page 2 I will have to zoom in over 150%).
  5. At least once a week, one workstation will have an error while trying to convert a .docx to .pdf, saying "Unknown error has occurred". Reinstalling the Nitro PDF Creator, and updating the plugins does not fix it, only the cleanup tool recommendation (temporarily).
  6. Scan quality is inconsistent, one day a scanned document will be perfectly fine, then the next day all of a sudden using the exact same scan procedure, the output is potato quality at best.
  7. After an undetermined period of time, when scanning a document, the letters will be all jumbled.

If I can think of any others I will add them as needed.

Regards,

Josh

We are having a lot of the same issues with 11.0.5.271. Is 11.0.6 going to address all of these? Also, will it correct the install of the Nitro printer? It seems like every time an upgrade takes place the printer becomes unusable. I have to reinstall the application for users to flush this issue out. Even a printer driver reinstall does not correct this by using the NitroSupportTools.exe. I have a few tickets currently open and awaiting a response.  

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @AaronG,

Unfortunately, until the release date, we won't be confirm what fixes will be included in that update. We'll be happy to continue assisting you directly via that support ticket that you opened. 

Cheers!

On 9/25/2017 at 11:50 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @AaronG,

Unfortunately, until the release date, we won't be confirm what fixes will be included in that update. We'll be happy to continue assisting you directly via that support ticket that you opened. 

Cheers!

Per an email I received from support asking me to install the latest update (which the instructions to update involved uninstalling the previous version), I receive the attached error. This is absolutely ridiculous, my company has paid several thousand dollars on Nitro Pro 10 and 11 over the past two years, and we have nothing but issues. Being able to view, edit (etc.) PDF's is a necessity to properly be able to service our clients accounts, and not being able to open these files today has already been a HUGE hindrance.

download

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Josh,

I hope this message finds you well and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I noticed you also submitted a support ticket. I'll make sure my colleague responds with the next steps to solve this issue. 

Thank you for bearing with us. 

• 1 month later...
Andrew DeMaio

Has there been any progress on this freezing up issue?  It appears to be getting worse by the day for us.  I have latest version and support took some log files from my workstation, but I have not heard anything about any progress being made in at least identifying what is causing the issue.

4 hours ago, KarlHungus53 said:

Has there been any progress on this freezing up issue?  It appears to be getting worse by the day for us.  I have latest version and support took some log files from my workstation, but I have not heard anything about any progress being made in at least identifying what is causing the issue.

There hasn't been any progress for me unfortunately . That September 27 update didn't fix any of the issues I've been having either, very disappointed.

I am having the same issues, constant crashing and only resolution is a hard restart of my computer.  Difficult to be productive when in a constant restart.  Looking for alternative software or refund of purchase if not fixed soon.  Already opened a 2nd service ticket looking for answers

Andrew DeMaio
20 hours ago, Spencer said:

I am having the same issues, constant crashing and only resolution is a hard restart of my computer.  Difficult to be productive when in a constant restart.  Looking for alternative software or refund of purchase if not fixed soon.  Already opened a 2nd service ticket looking for answers

I'm getting the same pressure in my company.  Either get this fixed, or get a refund and find something else.

1 hour ago, KarlHungus53 said:

I'm getting the same pressure in my company.  Either get this fixed, or get a refund and find something else.

My company will probably have to switch due to all these issues, everyone is pissed especially my boss. PDFSam seems to be pretty good, I bought it when I temporarily couldn't reinstall Nitro, but now use it on my personal computer.

We are still waiting for a result as well on the issue we have had. I am not sure what we are going to do but my management is looking into other options now as well. We even tried the new 11.0.7.411 version and had the exact same issues as previous versions of 11. We cant even give our users back the 10 version that was working because there is a security loophole in the application that opens up variability. At this time we are stuck having a broken paid application installed until a fix is done via Nitro or until my management gets tired of it and pulls the plug. Sorry to hear others are experiencing these issues as well. 

On 11/20/2017 at 12:51 PM, Josh said:

My company will probably have to switch due to all these issues, everyone is pissed especially my boss. PDFSam seems to be pretty good, I bought it when I temporarily couldn't reinstall Nitro, but now use it on my personal computer.

Thanks for the tip about PDFSam. I just bought it because I am tired of putting up with Nitro Pro's inept and useless program!

Andrew DeMaio

11.0.7.411 did nothing but make printing a colossal pain now when it comes to printing files that contain both portrait and landscape pages.  I refuse to install it on the rest of our workstations because there would be a flat out riot.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I have opened so many tickets and had them take tons of data on the freezing issue and have heard nothing so far.  Even some kind of theory of the root cause would be nice, or at least acknowledge it is an issue that they are working to resolve.  I can't tell you how many times I am trying to look up something while I have a person on the phone and have to sit here and wait for the blue spinning circle of death to finish what it is doing until I can continue browsing through my PDF file.

Andrew DeMaio

So I opened a ticket for the printing Landscape pages issue, which apparently was a known issue according to the release notes.  The solution?  Go back to the previous version.

We are having the same problem here at our office.  Originally thought this program issue was my terminal but then after reading KarlHungus53, I see that this is a known issue.  I am also having to wait for this program to perform some unknown background processing where the entire program freezes and I get the blue circle of death wheel and the program is frozen.  Really slows down my production.  Also just paid full price to get this program.  Tried to submit a ticket but apparently I don't have something called "Software Assurance" ?  What is that?  Tried to find somewhere to register for it and the website is not very navigable.  Anyway, hope there is something in the pipe to stabilize this program.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:39 PM, Bill67 said:

We are having the same problem here at our office.  Originally thought this program issue was my terminal but then after reading KarlHungus53, I see that this is a known issue.  I am also having to wait for this program to perform some unknown background processing where the entire program freezes and I get the blue circle of death wheel and the program is frozen.  Really slows down my production.  Also just paid full price to get this program.  Tried to submit a ticket but apparently I don't have something called "Software Assurance" ?  What is that?  Tried to find somewhere to register for it and the website is not very navigable.  Anyway, hope there is something in the pipe to stabilize this program.

I can't even submit another ticket because on any and every browser I try, once I click submit ticket it just hangs and hangs and hangs without ever submitting. This is getting very ridiculous.

Andrew DeMaio

I just submitted yet another ticket for the freezing problem.  I am really getting sick and tired of getting yelled at by my boss about this problem while Nitro is absolutely silent and won't even acknowledge the problem.

9 minutes ago, KarlHungus53 said:

I just submitted yet another ticket for the freezing problem.  I am really getting sick and tired of getting yelled at by my boss about this problem while Nitro is absolutely silent and won't even acknowledge the problem.

I'm right there with you man, my entire office is pissed off at me for switching us over to Nitro, including the owner of the company.

16 minutes ago, KarlHungus53 said:

Hey Karl,

I saw that there were a couple of moderators on this particular thread.  Is it possible to message them directly?  Sounds like you and I are having the same problems.  We are running Windows 7 Pro in our office at the moment.  I have had my screen freeze now but for a shorter duration and I am trying to identify exactly what I am doing that causes the freezing.  So far it seems to happen at random intervals and only when I have a document open.  Sometime after I delete a few pages from a multi page document and other times when I am simply scrolling down pages and the pages seem to be rastering to display properly on my screen.  Is this what you are experiencing as well?

Andrew DeMaio
On 12/7/2017 at 3:39 PM, Bill67 said:

It's only a known issue to Nitro users.  Nitro has not acknowledged it themselves.  I'm tired of them pandering to me and pretending they are doing something when I try and force their hand to do something about it.

Archived