Several Issues with Nitro Pro 11

Josh

Andrew DeMaio
16 hours ago, Bill67 said:

Hey Karl,

I saw that there were a couple of moderators on this particular thread.  Is it possible to message them directly?  Sounds like you and I are having the same problems.  We are running Windows 7 Pro in our office at the moment.  I have had my screen freeze now but for a shorter duration and I am trying to identify exactly what I am doing that causes the freezing.  So far it seems to happen at random intervals and only when I have a document open.  Sometime after I delete a few pages from a multi page document and other times when I am simply scrolling down pages and the pages seem to be rastering to display properly on my screen.  Is this what you are experiencing as well?

It happens to all of my users randomly.  It can happen while scrolling through a document, adding text or a shape, and it even happens while just sitting there doing nothing.  Nitro doesn't even have to be the active window for it to freeze, it happens while the window is inactive and not being used.  We are all running Windows 10 Pro (all 64-bit except for 2 PCs that are 32-bit), server is Windows Server 2008 R2.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also frequently experienced the random hang-up problem with both Release 10 and Release 11 on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. Out of curiosity (and desperation) I tried the following and thus far it seems to have fixed the problem:

1)  Right click on the NitroPro desktop shortcut icon (or right click directly on the NitroPDF.exe file in the directory where it resides)

2)  From the menu that appears click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

3) After Windows completes its detection search, it will provide a menu choice of two troubleshooting options.  Select the "Try recommended settings".

4)  After Windows completes whatever fix(es) it temporarily makes, it will ask you to test to see if the problem has indeed been fixed.  Since the issue is random, you might not want to spend too much time trying to determine if the hang-up still occurs, and it won't anyway if Windows has fixed it, so accept the selection choice that the problem has been fixed.

Seems to have worked on my PC - still hoping it's permanent and that it works for others as well.

NOTE:  Although the hang-up problem seemed random, I found that I could induce a different form of it by selecting the Review Tab, then the Pencil from the Drawing tool, and then  drawing freehand (e.g. circling a sentence or paragraph of text). If I drew too slowly, the tool would stop working before I completed the motion.  With the fix described above, this no longer occurs.

15 hours ago, libellis said:

I've also frequently experienced the random hang-up problem with both Release 10 and Release 11 on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. Out of curiosity (and desperation) I tried the following and thus far it seems to have fixed the problem:

1)  Right click on the NitroPro desktop shortcut icon (or right click directly on the NitroPDF.exe file in the directory where it resides)

2)  From the menu that appears click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

3) After Windows completes its detection search, it will provide a menu choice of two troubleshooting options.  Select the "Try recommended settings".

4)  After Windows completes whatever fix(es) it temporarily makes, it will ask you to test to see if the problem has indeed been fixed.  Since the issue is random, you might not want to spend too much time trying to determine if the hang-up still occurs, and it won't anyway if Windows has fixed it, so accept the selection choice that the problem has been fixed.

Seems to have worked on my PC - still hoping it's permanent and that it works for others as well.

NOTE:  Although the hang-up problem seemed random, I found that I could induce a different form of it by selecting the Review Tab, then the Pencil from the Drawing tool, and then  drawing freehand (e.g. circling a sentence or paragraph of text). If I drew too slowly, the tool would stop working before I completed the motion.  With the fix described above, this no longer occurs.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a shot. Been waiting a week for a response from support since sending over some logs.

Hi Libellis,

Thank you for your robust response.  I tried to perform the steps you laid out but I am still using Wnidows 7 Pro and this morning (after my system finished installing Microsoft updates) Nitro runs totally stable with no freezing issues at all.  I have run through several routines that I performed with Nitro, which used to almost guarantee a siezure but now it is running completely siezure free.   Not sure what was updated but Nitro was not updated so it must have been something with Windows that was causing the malfunction.  Possible Outlook related as I found even Adobe has issues with Outlook when I have their pdf reader open at the same time.

Not sure if this will help anyone but happy to offer whatever information I can.

Cheers~!

Bill67,

Interestingly, I checked to see what Windows 10 had done to fix the freezing problem on my PC and saw that it's running NitroPro in "WIndows 8 Compatibility Mode".  

If this is the solution for all Windows 10 users, an alternative method to the one I originally posted would be to right click on the NitroPro desktop icon (or on the executable file itself), select "Properties" , then select the "Compatibility Tab", check the Box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" , and then select Windows 8 in the drop down menu.  However,  running the compatibility troubleshooter first is probably still the best approach.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:06 AM, Kelvin V. said:

Hi @Josh,

I hope this message finds you well and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I noticed you also submitted a support ticket. I'll make sure my colleague responds with the next steps to solve this issue. 

Thank you for bearing with us. 

Hi Kevin,

On 12/18/2017 I was requested to supply ProcMon logs by a support representative, and on 12/19/2017 I sent them. I have not received any response from my initial email, nor from any followups regarding the status of my ticket. Can you please check on it and advise?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Josh,

I have sent a message to the case owner of your support ticket.

We'll look into this and will get back to you on that ticket.

Cheers!

18 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Josh,

I have sent a message to the case owner of your support ticket.

We'll look into this and will get back to you on that ticket.

Cheers!

Thank you, I will keep an eye out for a response.

Archived