Open to 1st Page?

Andrew DeMaio

Is there anyway to automatically, no matter what, have any file open on Page #1?  We have to insert a transmittal cover sheet on almost every document we work with and sometimes when you insert the cover sheet, the file opens to page #1 and sometimes it opens to page #2.  I literally have to check every time in the file properties to see if it is set to page 1 or page 2 before I send out a file.  It's very annoying, and even more annoying when the boss opens a file and berates somebody for not putting a transmittal sheet because the first page he sees is Page 2 and doesn't realize it.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I believe the easiest way to make this happen is to go to File, Preferences, Appearance, and uncheck "Restore last view settings when reopening PDFs".  This should then open to the first page in the PDF unless the PDF itself specifies something different.

Tell me if this doesn't work the way it's described.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Andrew DeMaio

That's not the issue.  I usually have to add a cover sheet to the files I work with and the cover sheet gets inserted before Page 1 and becomes the new Page 1, but sometimes when I go to Document Properties after inserting this cover sheet, the "Open to Page" setting is set to page 2 instead of staying on page 1.

Archived