Nicola Farina

Multi windows as default instead of tabs

Suggestion

Nicola Farina

Hi there,

is there a way to make the multi windows new mode the default one? I wish to open any pdf in different windows without drag out the tabs.

Thanks

8 replies to this suggestion

Leslie V.

Hello @Nicola Farina,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Multi-windows can only be achieved by dragging out the tabs. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no default setting that can be changed for it to automatically open files in different windows.

Hope that helps!

Dunatis

Prior to 11.0.5.271 there was a registry key that allowed multiple instances, giving the desired effect of having multiple windows open.  Dragging the tab out is a workaround for our workflow, but does impact the process our call center used.  Will support for the registry key, or some other method be brought back to allow multiple instances to open without having to drag a tab out?

Edited by Dunatis
wrong word

JCastro

Yes, please update this. This is a huge deal and while dragging does create a 'fix' to get what you need, it is more time consuming to pull it out and then re-arrange the windows again. Following for an update.

Leslie V.

Hello @Nicola Farina and @JCastro,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As a workaround, you can have your files open in multiple windows by going to the folder where the files are saved, highlight the files you want to open, right-click and Open in Nitro. These files will then open on separate windows.

I hope that helps!

JCastro
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Nicola Farina and @JCastro,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As a workaround, you can have your files open in multiple windows by going to the folder where the files are saved, highlight the files you want to open, right-click and Open in Nitro. These files will then open on separate windows.

I hope that helps!

Thanks @Leslie V. I did try to do this, but they are still opening in the same nitro, multi-tabs opening when I go to right-click open with...