Why is there a scaling problem with the newer version?

CB Tax Accounting

Suggestion

CB Tax Accounting

I'm a tax professional and I print lots of tax returns. I had to dump lots and lots of pages because of Nitro 11. I have been using version 7 for several years now and never had this problem. I need to know if you have a fix for this problem or provide a reimbursement for Nitro 11 because it is a waste to my business. You know, I waited this long before deciding to purchase version 11. Now I am truly disappointed with its performance. I now have to revert back to version 7. At least I don't have the scaling problem. Question is when will Nitro take the routine from their original programs and tweak to fit Nitro 11? I wasted money on paper.

17 replies to this suggestion

CB Tax Accounting

Is there a fix to this problem?

When I select a pdf file to convert to Microsoft Word, I select the 2010 .docx format and it opens in Wordpad where I lose content. If I select the .doc format, it opens in Microsoft Word as a .doc file with no loss of info and still have to convert to .docx. Any help would be appreciated. 

Laura, this is a big workflow issue for a lot of us.  I need a commitment from Nitro on when this will be fixed.  When something is broken we need to provide an ETA for the resolution.  This issue seemed to have gone ignored for quite some time and you missed getting it into the most recent release that came out on September 27.  Please be a more transparent and give us a date so we can advise our users.  Help us support you. 

• Power User

Hello, Thank you all for using our Community to reach out to us.

A fix for the print scaling issue is in progress and your posts and comments are being acknowledged and feedback is being provided to our Product Team. We are working to resolve the issue but a fix has not been included in our latest update.  I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Thank you for your patience with this. 

Regards, 

CB Tax Accounting

Problem #1:  Back in May, we were told a fix was going to be available in June. This is September, no fix yet. I am still waiting for this fix.

Problem #2:  Every time I open a pdf document, the print screen opens up by default. I have to click on "File" in order to revert to the pdf document. Why is this happening?

We recently purchased 20 licenses upgrading from an earlier version Nitro Pro to version 11.  We too are now experiencing these same issues with the printing dialog box controls, none of the print job settings are retained when printing.  I now have 19 coworkers who hate me for that . . . most everyone prints a multitude of scaled windows (specific views) from several different pages on a daily basis, which now requires the print settings to be selected every-single-time you print something. I find this completely ridiculous, especially since this was not an issue in the previous version. I also cannot have my employees muddling about in the system registry make half-patches for the program.

I have upgraded a few machines to the newest version ( 11.0.3.173 ) finding no modifications to print issues, and the projected "June" deployment date for the fix has long passed. I have read that a solution is being worked on for the next release?  I am hoping you mean  11.0.3.174  and not for version 12.

Please let everyone know if we should expect a fix for V.11, or are we to remain in a state of indefinite disrepair?

Kevin Mitchell

CB, It was last fall so I don't remember the details.  I think I sent in a service ticket with the complaint and when they responded with less than an acceptable answer, I responded with "I want a refund".  They immediately refunded the upgrade price through Clevebridge, the folks you bought it from.  Didn't I just notice they were implementing a fix in a near future release?  Can you live with it until then?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

@CB Tax Accounting This may sound silly, but is Word set to open .docx files, or is Wordpad the default?

Until the next update for Nitro 11 comes out (hopefully this month), you'll need to make a registry change if you want to adjust the scaling:

https://community.gonitro.com/topic/250-print-window-and-options-nitro-11/?do=findComment&comment=1017

Obviously, the usual warnings about the registry apply- be careful, double-check things, and if you're trying something new, make sure you've backed up that part of the registry so you can change back if needed.

Kevin Mitchell

No, I'm not wasting my time submitting a Post.  I already did that Nov 2016 whereupon I was told they wouldn't be fixing that issue in NP 11.  I requested a refund and went back on NP 10.

CB Tax Accounting

Same problem here. In the tax business you prepare returns, select print and voila, the text on pages are so close to the edge it begins to fall off. I can't remember to keep selecting the scaling feature to shrink the pages each time I select print.

I owned ver. 7 for some time and with no problem until I upgraded to ver 11. How can I get a refund?

Kevin Mitchell

Nitro Pro 9 & 10 were good programs.  Two of us upgraded to Nitro Pro 11 and left everyone else on 9 & 10.  The first thing I discovered was the EFT documents from one of our regular customers started printing on two pages.  They had previously always printed on one page.  We sent a ticket to NP and they said that each time we printed a 14” long document to go to setup and select Page Scaling.  I explained that all the previous versions did it automatically (I didn’t even know the pages were 14” long, that’s how transparent it was.).  We got a refund on NP 11 and now back to running on NP 10.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

So, the issue with Nitro 11 is scheduled to be fixed in a June update according to one of the Nitro people.

We're having this issue in Ntiro 11, too. Our client files are pdf and added to be several different users throughout the day. Some machines seem to scale differently and since we must submit pleadings electronically there are times when the size of documents in a file are too large.

Guest Cecil

Here's what I observed. Nitro Pro 7.5.0.29 print screen is the Microsoft default print screen while Nitro Pro 11 uses their own print screen and it needs to be tweaked to mimic Microsoft. This way, if you set Page Scaling to "shrink to fit printable area" it stays. 

I've never had a problem printing tax returns before until now because I assumed 11 would print the same as 7. So I ended up wasting a whole lot of paper because the text was literally falling off the bottom of the page. Not good. Talking about 60-100 page documents a print job.

I actually went and purchased FoxIt pdf software. They had the same exact print screen as Nitro and the same problem. After I informed them of the issue, they were able to resolve it 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'd like to try to help you, but I need more details on what Nitro 7 did (or didn't do) vs what Nitro 11 is or isn't doing. 

Archived