Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

After installing KB4051963  and a reboot ... I opened a .pdf file and went through the ribbon tabs and is much better, BUT the print menu still too slow and rendering pixel issues!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Power User

I've installed the KB4051963  update and Nitro is noticeably faster (not as fast as I think it should be, or once was, but certainly better),  but it's not the first time we've had false hope - after the last Windows update and after a clean install of the software it always works well, but slows down more and more after a few days. Let's see how this one goes. The update release notes don't refer to the underlying problem either - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963

• Power User

3 hours later, and Nitro is progressively getting slower. I now need 15 seconds to get to the print dialogue (it was about 4 seconds directly after the update and over 60 seconds before the update).

I have a feeling that the update clears some sort of cache somewhere that slowly fills up and drags performance down. This is the same effect that last update had, and also that completely de-installing and re-installing the Nitro software has.

I also note that Nitro are refusing to publish comments about this problem on their Facebook pages.

Edwin & Jürgen, I experienced the exact same issue as well, after installing the KB update, even uninstalling Nitro Pro, then re-install ... almost as previous version before Microsoft 1709 Update ... then after 5 hours ... back to the same o'l SLOW annoying waiting .... the print dialogue - I have to wait about 7 - 10 seconds before I can select anything ?

Thinking of using a next best alternative .... mmm ... maybe Adobe Acrobat Pro ?

• Power User

There is none apart from move to a competitive product or roll back the Windows update. So far as we can understand Nitro developers are waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem, but Microsoft don't seem to give it much importance because it's not affecting too many 3rd party products as it only manifests itself in certain (unusual, legacy) coding situations.

Same Problem here. We see this Problem is unsolved since more than a month and affects many Win10 users.
Many people at our office lose their time waiting. Please provide a workaround - we are not willing to wait for microsoft's grace.

From Nitro today:

"My apologies for the late response. This issue has been made top priority since this is a windows update-related issue. A new build for Nitro Pro is on its way to fix this issue but its ETA is not yet available.

I'll still keep this ticket open and inform you once the build is out.

Thank you for bearing with us.

"

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

From Nitro today:

"My apologies for the late response. This issue has been made top priority since this is a windows update-related issue. A new build for Nitro Pro is on its way to fix this issue but its ETA is not yet available.

I'll still keep this ticket open and inform you once the build is out.

Thank you for bearing with us.

"

Good day Jamie - Thank you for the update notification regarding this seriious issue ... Hope it's very soon!

Many Thanks.

Was there a resolution to this problem?  Nitro is opening slowly and printing takes 5 minutes.  I have tried to submit a ticket and been told that since i dont have a support contract Nitro may get to the problem when they feel like it.  Which hasn't happened.  Does anyone have a solution?  

• Power User

Best thing it to read this thread from the beginning. There are a number of suggested fixes, none of which survive long term, and a few responses from Nitro, none of which are especially helpful.

I did; I was hoping that there was some suggestion outside of this board.  Doesn't seem like it.  My impression is that Nitro doesn't have very good customer support; is there another alternative?  Adobe? 

I have a brand spankin new MSI Infiniti X 8700K (5.0Ghz), plenty of 3000Mhz ram, 1070 gamers card and a optane boot drive. My OS reboots in 3 seconds flat.-yes I clocked it, for now, it's 3 seconds flat. Firefox opens in less than 3 seconds, the gimp takes a few more, Tom Clancy's Wildlands takes about 10-15 seconds what with all the clicking I gotta do....NitroPRO? over 45 seconds to open whether I click on a pdf or use the dam shortcut.

Sorry, been a customer fer a while now and the price is right, the app usually does what I need it to do with no issues but 45 seconds to open? On my rig? It's fairly ridiculous.

Then, thinking that maybe Nitro had some answer for this problem on Windows 10 creator's update only - so since what early October and nothings been done yet? I was going to upgrade my version (I have pro 9) because it's been a while and I figured New system, new OS (windows 10) why not upgrade all my software to the Windows 10 equivalent anyways, right? Well, this here is a good reason why not. I edit PDF's rarely and create PDF's never. It's just not worth the frustration of spending the kind of money that I have spent on this system only to have to wait almost a full minute for an application to open.

Goodbye, so long adios, Tchau  or however else yah wanna say it. Good luck keeping customers if you can't release updates faster than this.

--before I go, I just want to say to anyone who reads this in the future-the program has been stable, fast and does what it says it does up to this point. I am sure Nitropro will fix this problem (or Microsoft or whoever) but it isn't happening fast enough for me!

edzamboni@gmail.com

Reinstalationdid not ask me for any code to validate the program. Is that ok?

I could combine various pdf files but I cannot convert a Word file into pdf.

Can anybody help?

Do you need any log file? Which?

• Power User

Hey Staff!

"Silence is Golden" doesn't play well with this situation! How about an update on your status in correcting this delay problem? I'm sure there are quite a few people wondering how far you have gotten towards a solution.

Respectfully,

Mark

1 hour ago, mfiske said:

Hey Staff!

"Silence is Golden" doesn't play well with this situation! How about an update on your status in correcting this delay problem? I'm sure there are quite a few people wondering how far you have gotten towards a solution.

Respectfully,

Mark

Oh yes! Using Adobe Acrobat Pro trial now & if Nitro does not apply fix update in the next week! I'll be switching to Adobe!

Gavin Lewandowski

Im suffering from this issue too, and I have a forum post pending which hasnt been approved, any news on the updated version yet , or are we to shift to another product ?

edzamboni@gmail.com

I followed Nitronauts advise: I ran cleanup and erased all Nitro Pro installers.  Downloaded new installer as suggested and installed Nitro Pro.  But Creator is still not working well.  It would not convert a Word file into PDF file.

Reading other posts in this forum I learned that it is necessary to deactivate Nitro Pro before uninstalling,  I did not deactivate before uninstalling.  Now I need to uninstall again. Can you send me the serial number corresponding to the version of Nitro Pro I just downloaded from Nitro web page?

Thank you

Ed

• Power User

I've just installed the latest (KB4054517) update from Windows that became available yesterday (December 12). Once again Nitro works a LOT better. Not perfect, and not as before, but at least usable. I'm not holding my breath that it will stay that way, but let's see.

One thing occurs to me ... there are different actions which temporarily sort out the problem, including a windows update and a complete de-install and re-install of the product. Clearly some cache somewhere is being cleared which then slowly fills up again and degrades performance dramatically. If Nitro could work out where this cache is and could provide a simple utility to clear it (de-install/re-install is excessive) to speed up the software for a time, that would at least be step forward until a long-term solution is found.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

Thank you everyone for your input! We are currently investigating the impact of Microsoft’s recent Windows 10 Fall Creators update, which has created slow performance issues for many applications, including Nitro Pro. Learn more about the update here. Nitro will be addressing this issue in the next release of Nitro Pro, targeting release in Q2 2018.

In the meantime, we recommend customers uninstall and revert back to the prior version of Windows 10, or wait for the next release of Nitro Pro to fix the issue.

Archived