Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

After 1 week of smoother and slight faster opeing of Nitro ... and after Windows 10 January update, it's back to the SUPER SLOW lag and printing is almost non-existend!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Power User

That's the way it works. You can de-install and re-install Nitro, or you can apply one of the more major Windows updates and things get better, but only for a short time, depending on usage. After about a week it slows down to be practically unusable again. Clearly the upgrade or re-installation is clearing some kind of cache, which slowly refills and returns to the dire situation previously. I'm quite surprised we've not had a workaround, should it be possible. Something simple to clear that "cache" (if that's what it is) on an ad-hoc basis. Far better for Nitro than moving to a competitive product (as myself any my colleagues all have) after 2 months of waiting for a solution and sparse responses to open tickets.

On 2018/01/10 at 12:32 PM, Edwin said:

That's the way it works. You can de-install and re-install Nitro, or you can apply one of the more major Windows updates and things get better, but only for a short time, depending on usage. After about a week it slows down to be practically unusable again. Clearly the upgrade or re-installation is clearing some kind of cache, which slowly refills and returns to the dire situation previously. I'm quite surprised we've not had a workaround, should it be possible. Something simple to clear that "cache" (if that's what it is) on an ad-hoc basis. Far better for Nitro than moving to a competitive product (as myself any my colleagues all have) after 2 months of waiting for a solution and sparse responses to open tickets.

"Far better for Nitro than moving to a competitive product (as myself any my colleagues all have)" 

Agree! I have paid for Nitro Pro since version 8 and now have version 11 Pro!  Disgusted with Nitro's attitude here! Nitro Team, wake Up!

Opening and editing pdfs using Nitro Pro 10 after the W10 Fall update was installed on my machine is  too slow  and has too many crashes . I see that the problem has been extant since October 2017 . When will it be solved ? In the meantime [1]what is the workaround ?  [2] How does Nitro plan to compensate users ?

On 19 Dec 2017 Mario K wrote     

"We have decided to release a patch to our 11.0.7 build in January that will contain the fix related to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update issues!"

What is the date for the fix ?

• Power User
37 minutes ago, David Reeves said:

Opening and editing pdfs using Nitro Pro 10 after the W10 Fall update was installed on my machine is  too slow  and has too many crashes . I see that the problem has been extant since October 2017 . When will it be solved ? In the meantime [1]what is the workaround ?  [2] How does Nitro plan to compensate users ?

I've never had it crash.... it's almost too slow to be usable, but it never crashed.

Now workaround and no compensation expected. Fix in the pipeline. Allegedly.

Magnus Nystrom

But no fix  will be provided for Nitro Pro 10 as far as I understand.  Question for those who changed to other pdf-software ... which one did you decide to buy? I am looking into buying another product now because I don't see that version 10 will work but I don't know yet what to buy.

GiuseppeFAbbri

Please Mario K. !!!!

Nitro 11.07.411 is terribly slow, not usable.

When the upgrade you spoke about  on 19/12 will be ready?????

It's quite urgent....every day more urgent since 19/12 to today 12/01!

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Magnyz You are correct, we will not release an update to Nitro pro 10 but I just talked to Microsoft Support and they informed me that their developers are also currently working on releasing a fix since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is causing performance issues in different areas and software. Unfortunately, they weren't able to give me a specific date but they reassured me that it is high on their list of priorities. This is where you can track Windows updates: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018124/windows-10-update-history along with their community post regarding this particular issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-system-freezes-randomly-after-fall/3fa89b56-e54b-4cd2-8a0a-046263cd95bc
Of course, I suggest to upgrade to Nitro Pro 11 as soon as we release our patch which is still scheduled for this month. @GiuseppeFAbbri and @David Reeves I will post the exact date as soon as I have it confirmed by our developers. 

Magnus Nystrom

@Mario K. I appreciate your answer but I am sorry, it is not good enough. As a paying customer I really need to see you paying more attention to your customers. If I had seen a quick fix for version 11 I would have upgraded but not even your latest version is functioning after many months. I am sorry because I really liked Nitro.

• Power User
12 hours ago, Mario K. said:

This seems to have nothing to do with the problems we are experiencing. I just read all 9 pages - all the comments there relate to system freezes or crashes. I've never experienced a system freeze or crash, only an application freeze (Nitro). Nothing else on my system is affected.

17 hours ago, Mario K. said:

@Magnyz You are correct, we will not release an update to Nitro pro 10 . 

That is completely unacceptable.  I bought this software less than 18 months ago and it is not some bleeding-edge type of software, it is PDF editing.  I understand developers cannot support "legacy" software indefinitely, but that is not <18 months old.  I am switching to a competitor and will never recommend Nitro to others.  I feel like I've been completely burned, should have just bought the mainstream competitor to begin with to avoid precisely this type of situation.

Hunter & Magnyz--I understand your frustration. I purchased Nitro Pro 11 less than three months ago and am waiting for the promised update. Fortunately, I do not need PDF editing/converting, etc. on a daily basis or I would have already migrated to a competitor. Now--to your issue with Nitro Pro 10. I do not understand why only v. 11 will be "fixed". I am not an IT person, but it seems that a patch could be created that would correct all recent versions, including v. 10. By forcing recent purchasers of Nitro Pro versions other than v. 11 to upgrade to v. 11, Nitro is incentivizing more migration to competitors.

Nitro--any comments? 

Hi Jurgen  Id be happy to upgrade   to 11 if its certain that this will fix the problem .   I am not willing to pay for an upgrade without that certainty.  I think Nitro has said that there needs to be a W10 patch for both Pro 10 and Pro 11  but Nitro  cannot say when , or even if this Microsoft patch will be rolled out 

edzamboni@gmail.com
On 1/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, David Reeves said:

I justo bought adobe acróbat full for $7/month and it works fantastically well with many more features than nitro

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

Hi everyone,

Nitro Pro 11.0.7 patch has been released and you can find its installers in my latest announcement (top of page). Please let me know if you're a business customer (11+ licenses) and I will send you different installers. 

• Power User

First impressions are very positive.... but I've been fooled before by this software. Here's hoping....

Why isn't there a new installer (or link to the patch) in the download area? Using the unpatched version will disappoint a new user.

Yes very positiv after update. Nitro is back again. Very good, thank you!

Just in case you want feedback as we seem to be kind of "first real-users" to handle this (see Edwin's remark): update requires ending the "Nalpeiron Licencing Service". No prob for me. Maybe other users will have problems to do this (because they are not used to do things like ending a service or have no rights to do this).

Archived