Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

David Epstein

They sent me a fix and it made a big difference.  I posted the details earlier but they have been hidden, apparently by one of the mods.

In any event, they sent me the cleanup tool and a special link for the most recent copy of Nitro Pro 11.  I followed the instructions, which included booting before and after the procedure.  It's about what I would consider 80 to 85% of "normal" operations.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Power User

I used the cleanup process and the new installation too, and it seemed to to work, but after 2-3 days it was as bad as before. It was also inconvenient because I had to re-tailor my settings, such as adding stamps and signatures from scratch.

David Epstein
3 hours ago, Edwin said:

I used the cleanup process and the new installation too, and it seemed to to work, but after 2-3 days it was as bad as before. It was also inconvenient because I had to re-tailor my settings, such as adding stamps and signatures from scratch.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will be monitoring the situation closely.

Why is this taking so long?!?!  Nitro has been great and I have loved the product, but this is getting very frustrating.  I have uninstalled, cleaned the files, reinstalled with no success.  I then purchased the upgrade to the most current version and still have the same problems. 

• Power User

If the problem is in line with my suspicions they are probably waiting for a Windows update to fix it. While the underlying problem appears to be bad coding practice, the reason for the current issues appearing can be attributed to the Windows Fall Creators update. If this problem is being addressed by Microsoft then the likely update will emerge next Tuesday ("Patch Tuesday")

@Edwin. This is my opinion as well. It is like with Gmail Bugs in Android Oreo: we have to wait. Dumping the product makes no sens as next product might be the next to fail with the next Microsoft update. Well... off Course there is a certain timeline where one just cannot bear it anymore.

Stop trying to close my ticket! I am waiting on you, you are not waiting on me!

We would like to remind you that your case 00144488 is still open and we're waiting to hear from you with more information. If you have this information ready, please reply to this email and share it with us. Otherwise, please select one of the following options

12 hours ago, Edwin said:

If the problem is in line with my suspicions they are probably waiting for a Windows update to fix it. While the underlying problem appears to be bad coding practice, the reason for the current issues appearing can be attributed to the Windows Fall Creators update. If this problem is being addressed by Microsoft then the likely update will emerge next Tuesday ("Patch Tuesday")

What is interesting is that it seems to be a Fall Update issue for sure. But a freshly installed machine doesn't have the problem. It must be some legacy software that has been left behind by Microsoft or Nitro or both.

Hello

I have had the same issues after Fall Creators Update and I have tried all the tricks and updates which have been instructed up until so far in this thread.

My PC:
HP EliteBook 8770 w
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 8 GB
SSD: Kingston SUV400S372240G

Today I found a new trick. I launched HP Performance Tuneup from the HP Support Assistant. This seems to help a lot. Please note that HP Performance Tuneup is only a few days old new wizard in HP Support Assistant.

My Nitro 11.0.6.326 is now running almost as fast as before Fall Creators Update. Tab switching, stamps and printing are working swiftly.

I ran the HP Performance Tuneup application. I am not sure if it works on non-HP devices, my workstation is a HP so I had no issues.

This has appeared to resolve my issue (for now - I only ran it 10 minutes ago). The application opens quickly and the tabs have only a 1/2 second delay.

I believe one of the tasks that it runs is SFC /SCANNOW. Perhaps someone with the problem can run an SFC and report back if that resolves the issue.

• Power User

The Windows Update has certainly made a difference, but there is still something very wrong when opening the print dialogue. While it is opening (slowly - it still takes 5-10 seconds before it can print) the zoom factor at the bottom of the preview changes violently from crazy large numbers (23562107439%) through 0% before settling on 100%

• Power User

The Windows Update has also made no difference to copying selected test into the paste buffer. It can take up to 5 seconds...

I hope Nitro folks are reading this..... these problems remain serious....

I received this answer form Nitro Support today:

Hello Kimmo,

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

Our Engineers and Dev team are already looking into the issue with the latest Windows update.

Customers have reported the 2 latest fall Windows updates [October 17, 2017—KB4041688 (OS Build 14393.1794 and November 2, 2017—KB4052231 (OS Build 14393.1797)] have caused latency when working within the program.The last update we received from them is that they are aware that some applications have become slow because of the update.

This initially leads us to believe that they will release another update to correct this issue. However, we will continue to work on our end to see if there is anything in addition we can do to aid in correcting this item.

I will keep this ticket open and message you again as soon as I get an update.

Best Regards,

Leslie V. | Customer Support and Success Representative
Nitro| http://www.gonitro.com | 225 Bush St, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104
http://www.gonitro.com

• Power User

I agree. This is consistent with every other "fix" that has been tried (de-install/re-install, changing Windows Defender Setting, HP clean-up, Windows Update).

Over to you Nitro people - this is now getting serious.

• Power User

It would seem to me that Nitro are simply waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem, when according to what I read, the likely source of the problem lays in the poor manner of programming the application, which has been highlighted by the update.

My productivity with PDF content management has dropped to an all-time low and I will shortly start looking for an alternative product.

I make my living with NitroPro (v. 11) and am suffering from this slowdown.  I'm using a substitute pdf editor (trial version) and don't have many days left on my trial time.  Please get this fixed.

• Power User

5 days since the Windows update, the problems are just as bad as before. The software is almost not usable :(

I just wish I had a better feeling that someone care, or was doing something about it.

agree. After the "fixes" given to me by support, the problem improved but then returned. After the Windows 10 Version 1709 update was installed, reboot, re-install Nitro, etc. the problem improved considerably again. Then, after probably 12 hours, the problem is the worst it has been. Ever!

I installed 11.0.7.411. It seems to be better. But it is still not good.

Still:

• when clicking on things on ribbon first time after opening nitro it takes time. Second click: fast.
  • Trying to print: takes lot of time when going to printing menu first time. Nitro even "disappears" for a moment and then is back again. Not better when doing it second time.

I have to work with this Software next week to make bills. On this day I be tempted to start to look for a replacement. This would be a shame. Nitro was just so good.

Archived