Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

• Power User

The release notes to 11.0.7.411 don't even mention this as a known problem and enquiries to my open ticket are being ignored. It's as if Nitro simply won't acknowledge the problem

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I have the same problem since the „Fall Creators Update“. I have to use the whiteout and the stamp function many times per day. When I try to open the stamp selection menu it takes up to 10 seconds each time until it appears.
After re-installation Nitro works fine for about one to two days. Then, from one second to another, it slows down and stays like that.
I have also tried the new 11.0.7.411 version. Also with this version the behavior didn't change and there is absolutely no enhancement.

Magnus Nystrom

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the silence from Nitro on this issue? I have filed a ticket several weeks ago and I have not heard anything. In this forum it is also a deafening silence. If they are waiting for Microsoft to fix it why not say so.

Hi Magnyz... I'm 100% with you. I do not understand why there is silence. If they tell me that I have to wait because Microsoft is working on a fix then I will not be angry. 

• Power User

While the problem has clearly been caused by the Windows update, from what I am reading elsewhere the problem is related to bad coding practice, so however you look at it it is a problem for Nitro to fix.

I'm just surprised that there are so few people complaining. Is the Nitro customer base so small, or are only certain users affected?

I haven't gotten any response to a filed ticket.  Should we be coordinating complaints with the BBB or on other parts of the internet?  It does seem rather customer antagonistic for them to not even respond to the issues.

My Nitro app went back to trial version after Windows 10 update. The current serial number is no longer working. I have filed 2 tickets requesting for support from Nitro but have yet to hear back from them. Can anyone who are experiencing the same problem assist with this please.

Thank you

regards

Penny

• Power User

@Jamie

I particularly like the sigh on the soundtrack towards the end :)

Your issues with print are identical to mine. Take a look at the zoom factor at the bottom of the preview area while Nitro is thinking about opening the print dialogue - in your first attempt (about 1:35) it goes to a crazy negative value, and in the second attempt (about 2:07) it sits at 0% until the preview displays. My system computes heavily while I am waiting for this dialogue to appear. There is something definitely amiss in the programming here...

I also have issues when I try to copy text - after hitting <ctrl>C (to copy) over selected text it can take 5-10 seconds before I get back control.

Nitro have stopped answering my emails regarding the ticket I raised, so I've no idea if it's still open....

9 hours ago, Jamie said:

I want to share a video of how bad the performance is on my workstation.
Windows 10.0.16299.54
Xeon W5580
32GB Ram
SSD Hard Drive.

This is exactly the same speed I have on my machine, and I have a AMD Ryzen 1800X with 32 GB RAM and a 500 GB Samsung M.2 SSD. Nitro Pro is currently not usable.

Mariève Charbonneau

Hi, I would like to open a ticket for the same reason. Since the installation of windows 10 Nitro doesn't work well.  

1- impossible to save a nitro pdf directly from a email. I have to open it then save it. 

2- printing is not working well. I only see a part of the document 

3- I sent my pdf document and people say i am not able to open it it says .dat

I am using nitro on a daily base. this is what i try to resolve the problem :

desinstalled nitro from revoinstaller

reinstalled nitro 11 with the new update : 10.0.7.411 my email adress : marievecharbonneau@hotmail.com

thanks 

From Nitro today:

"Upon checking my resources, since the Windows 10 Fall Update Nitro Pro has become noticeably slower for several users of Nitro Pro. This seems to be affecting the responsiveness of the ribbons in particular, as well as opening PDF files. This issue is affecting several builds of Nitro Pro 10, 11.0.6.326 and 11.0.7.411. Issue could be related to a Microsoft problem with MFC apps using high-res ribbons since the last Windows update. Further information here:  https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/136952/mfc-ribbon-slow-on-first-loadshow.html

Have you installed the latest update for Windows 10 from Microsoft? If not, please visit their page https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4043454 and apply them.

Look for patch number 1709 that has been released that appears to partially fix this. The expectation is that Microsoft will release a further patch that will fully resolve this.

"

I have the latest patches, it appears we are waiting for Microsoft.

• Power User

The " Issue could be related to a Microsoft problem"? That sounds like a guess.

The research I have done indicates it is almost certainly related to the MFC/high res ribbons issue but also for apps which are badly designed using legacy MFC routines.

• Power User

Hey everyone, thank you for all you responses on this thread. This issue is currently our top priority and is receiving all the necessary attention from our Product Team. All the information you are posting in this thread is being forwarded onto our internal case and definitely not going unnoticed. 

Unfortunately, this is a Microsoft issue so we are also awaiting a patch release from them. Please check the link @Jamie sent for more information. Here it is again: 

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/136952/mfc-ribbon-slow-on-first-loadshow.html

Cheers,

I am experiencing the same problem, using the older Nitro 8 version of the software.  It is definitely not a Nitro 11 issue.  We have a separate copy of the Nitro software on a Windows 8.1 machine which is not having any trouble at all. 

My Surface pro Windows 10 system is

Version    10.0.16299 Build 16299

The problem started last week.

• Power User

I think it's important to point out that while the problem was exposed by the Creators Fall update (more than a month ago!) many other software developers have taken action and provided workarounds, and in some areas the blame seems to lie in poor legacy coding. Are Nitro reacting to this to find a possible workaround themselves? If the issue is "currently top priority and is receiving all the necessary attention from the Product Team" why are they ignoring my mails and closing support tickets?

10 hours ago, Laura L. said:

Hey everyone, thank you for all you responses on this thread. This issue is currently our top priority and is receiving all the necessary attention from our Product Team. All the information you are posting in this thread is being forwarded onto our internal case and definitely not going unnoticed. 

Unfortunately, this is a Microsoft issue so we are also awaiting a patch release from them. Please check the link @Jamie sent for more information. Here it is again: 

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/136952/mfc-ribbon-slow-on-first-loadshow.html

Cheers,

I realise that the cause has been due to the Fall Update. However if your team reads the responses in the above post, someone has posted what appears to be a quick fix to the issue that can be corrected in your code. The poster even supplied the code to insert. Appears others have followed those instructions and improved the situation.

"The problem still seems to exist. To speed up toolbars without switching away from MFC, you can add afxtoolbarimages.cpp to your project, and edit it as described in this attached text file:

edits-to-afxtoolbarimages.txt

GetPixel is slow, but SetPixel is fine, so you just need to drop in the attached CFastBitmapReader class to replace GetPixel Win32 API calls with a class that reads all of the pixels at once and then has its own implementation of GetPixel. (The attached source assumes you are using 32-bit bitmaps.)"

Hi to all at Nitro

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as all above users of Nitro 11.0.7.411 SUPER SLOW responses and printing lags. It's extremely annoying and I feel like starting to use a different PDF editor software, as I use Nitro about 60% of my working day!

Please NITRO do something about this HUGE PROBLEM!! If you are going to wait for Microsoft update, we are going to wait too long.

Regards.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:19 AM, Laura L. said:

Cheers,

Laura, Nitro should be replying to our tickets also.  Today Office disabled the Outlook add-in, saying Nitro was taking too long to start up.  

I don't have this trouble with other PDF software, and it wasn't very long ago that I registered Nitro.  How do I request a refund?

• Power User

Just installed the latest Microsoft update (November 30, 2017—KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98) and it seems to be doing the trick with the slow-up...time will tell though!

4 hours ago, mfiske said:

Just installed the latest Microsoft update (November 30, 2017—KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98) and it seems to be doing the trick with the slow-up...time will tell though!

Hey mfiske ... Busy installing KB4051963 as well and will update post if it solved the problem!

Archived