Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

Magnus Nystrom

Oohhh, fixed in new version Q2 2018!! You have to be kidding. First of all I am running version 10 of Nitro and do not intend to upgrade. Second I will absolutely not go back to a prior version of Windows 10. If I need a working version of a pdf program now, would you then suggest me to buy from a competitor?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Magnyz said:

Oohhh, fixed in new version Q2 2018!! You have to be kidding. First of all I am running version 10 of Nitro and do not intend to upgrade. Second I will absolutely not go back to a prior version of Windows 10. If I need a working version of a pdf program now, would you then suggest me to buy from a competitor?

Nitro, I absolutely agree with Magnyz.  New version Q2 2018!! This is outrageous!! I will NOT go back to a prior vers of Windows 10. I will buy Adobe Acrobat Pro when trail ends as Nitro surely does NOT care at this point. 

• Power User

Q2/2018? Does the Nitro Developer only work one hour a week?

There MUST be workarounds in the interim apart from reverting to an old version Windows. Some sort of cache cleaner to emulate the effect of the Windows update maybe? At least this gives temporary respite.

18 hours ago, Mario K. said:

Thank you everyone for your input! We are currently investigating the impact of Microsoft’s recent Windows 10 Fall Creators update, which has created slow performance issues for many applications, including Nitro Pro. Learn more about the update here. Nitro will be addressing this issue in the next release of Nitro Pro, targeting release in Q2 2018.

In the meantime, we recommend customers uninstall and revert back to the prior version of Windows 10, or wait for the next release of Nitro Pro to fix the issue.

This is absolutely crazy! Why is this important message not a sticky post for all forum users to see?

So paying customers who have bought this programme in good faith and who use this application on a daily basis need to wait potential 6 months for this to be fixed. I have not been able to use my Nitro Pro 10 installation for 8 weeks now and I am now expected to wait until sometime in Q2 2018 for a possible fix?

This has seriously effected my productivity, I have raised support tickets for them to just be closed and have now even asked on this forum for a fix, to just have post ignored.

Can I ask what are we supposed to do in the meantime?

I have a software application that I have paid for twice for versions 9 & 10 for it to stop working, due to now fault of my own. No matter how many times I uninstall and re-install software and attempt to activate as instructed, it continually fails. To be informed in a post that we need to downgrade Microsoft windows 10 to a previous version is not an acceptable answer. 

Is it not possible to issue new license keys, so that it would be possible to still use the application? I can accept it being slow, I can not accept it not working and have support tickets closed without resolution and then being ignored, this is very poor customer service!! 

Well, you could write to your state attorney general.  Nitro Support tells me that they have a flat no-refund policy, but in Washington State that's actually illegal; the Washington State RCW has a definition of "Implied warranty" which cannot be escaped via T&C, warranting any produce be "fit for the ordinary purposes for which such goods are used."  

The Nitro T&C do state,  " Unless otherwise provided by law", but they've been pretty unyielding.  Still, I suspect filing a BBB and a State Attorney General complaint would get their attention.

The flip side is, this really wasn't a very expensive product.  Yes, the company is losing good will, but how much time would you spend fighting it?

Another customer here with multiple deployments of NitroPro 11.

We're seeing upwards of 1-2 minutes for the program to open.

Waiting until Q2 of 2018 is completely unacceptable. We will simply move to another product ... if you multiple this time across multiple employees and then the cost of doing business - we're losing significant dollars!

edzamboni@gmail.com
1 hour ago, Mario K. said:

@WillFulmer @Nitro Victim @mfiske @dalswede @Edwin @AjTeX @Magnyz... and all others who have posted on here... thank you for raising your concerns and making us aware of this issue and its impact! We have decided to release a patch to our 11.0.7 build in January that will contain the fix related to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update issues! I will let you know what the exact date of this release is as soon as I have this information but I can assure you that our Engineering team is working extra hard on making it happen next month. Again, thanks for being our loyal customers and thanks for being patient while we provide the fix. 

Really good news!

On 12/20/2017 at 6:02 AM, edzamboni@gmail.com said:

Really good news!

Good news they are going to fast track a patch. Not good news that they are so disconnected from their users.

On 24/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Jamie,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.

http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

Then kindly clear the downloads folder, delete all downloaded Nitro installers and try reinstalling again? This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers you download in the same folder (like the downloads folder) the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder, and may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the new one.

Reboot your computer. Once it is back open, please use the updated installer of Nitro Pro 11 here: https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads

If the issue persists, please open a support ticket here: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Hope this helps!

Hi.

After experiencing very slow software response and being unable to print, I tried a new reinstall of Nitro 11 Pro: Previously I deactivated my license. Nevertheless, after reboot and reinstall, I got an error 23. Went to Nitro's support page, did deactivate the license there too., then tried to reactivate again, still getting  error 23...Please help. Now I am unable to use Nitro...

8 minutes ago, Mario K. said:

@Nome Olvido I made further adjustments to your license so please try activating it again. 

Thanxs. I was able to reactivate the license.  Still, the printing options take a while to show...It is also slow at switching tabs the first time  you open the program, I can live with it, though.

Best  regards

Michelle Silverberg

I had the same issue and Nitro said they would have a fix at the end of January.   BUT........ I was having issues with Outlook not launching and was doing some trouble shooting. It turned out it was an iCloud Add-in. I disabled it and it fixed the issue. To my surprise its ALSO fixed Nitros speed. The program is back to normal.

13 hours ago, MichelleS said:

I had the same issue and Nitro said they would have a fix at the end of January.   BUT........ I was having issues with Outlook not launching and was doing some trouble shooting. It turned out it was an iCloud Add-in. I disabled it and it fixed the issue. To my surprise its ALSO fixed Nitros speed. The program is back to normal.

I actually tried this & must say, that it actually works!! I disabled my Outlook add-on and my Nitro runs smoother, but still a slight lag.  At least I can work with it.

Nitro is back to reasonable speed on my Laptop. 

I did not (conciously?!?) do any Nitro updates. But I did Windows updates. So Microsoft seems to have fixed the issue that led to problems with Nitro.

• Power User
Edwin Courts

Mine was faster after the last Windows update but it slowed down again after a few days... I'm not sure it's as bad as it has been, but it's still bad, especially printing...

mark@novusapps.net

First time on forum, only because I was searching for a reason for the delays with Nitro opening and running smoothly.  Just read the entirety of this thread.  Wow, have to say I'm impressed.  Nitro has been a long term tool that I've used, first introduced to it about 6 years ago.  Started a business 5 years ago and opted to use Nitro for all my PDF creation and editing needs, added a new employee last month and need another seat of software to do same...  Hmmm, what do you think I'm about to do???

Dear development team, I have customers too.  I get to work really hard to keep them satisfied, and I make sure I respond to their questions...

Please be reasonable to your loyal customer base.  You got here for a reason.  You offered a good product at a good price.  I recognize that Microsoft dumped a load on your plate, either own up to the portion that is truly yours (if it is truly yours) or just tells us that Microsoft is the root problem.  It's clear that there hasn't been a valid work-around.

So, with all that said.  Do think that I'm fool enough to "upgrade" my version that is limping along, in the hopes that it will fix my "minor" issues???  I'm not letting any of my employees do an upgrade until you can prove to this thread that you (and/or Microsoft) have fixed it.  Additionally, there are no other purchases happening on this side of the table.

I'm not buying a car that has a flat tire.

Let me know when you get that flat changed, I like the car.

Kleinschrodt

I have same issue but only started in last couple of weeks (late Dec 17).

In my case, both the program is slow to load, any files loaded from MS office Extremely slow to load and printing has slowed to a crawl and is seriously impacting my work.

Is this a new issue?

Archived