Probs after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Jamie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Edwin I'm assuming you're referring to our downloads page, https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads, correct? We updated it this afternoon. I didn't want to make you guys wait for an additional day or two till Marketing updates our website so I posted patched installers here as soon as I got them. 

Since that Windows Fall update the biggest problem I'm having is the Print Dialog page draws in very, very slowly. And to make matters worse the Print Button has been moved to the bottom of the page so when I scroll down to click "print", it wants to think about refreshing the page once again.

I've just installed the 30 January update and it has made no difference.

@truetalon: I installed the update too and everything is really fast now. Scrolling down to get a print button?? In my nitro this is different. Buttons did not move. I have 11.0.7.425. You too?

32 minutes ago, truetalon said:

Since that Windows Fall update the biggest problem I'm having is the Print Dialog page draws in very, very slowly. And to make matters worse the Print Button has been moved to the bottom of the page so when I scroll down to click "print", it wants to think about refreshing the page once again.

I've just installed the 30 January update and it has made no difference.

Hi
Why don't you just save the file and then open it again in Adobe and print it out?

• Power User

I've been one of the loudest complainers about this problem and a strong critic of the excessive delay in providing a solution since it arose 3 months ago. For me, at least, the latest update has so far fixed all problems to my satisfaction, without any obvious changes to the UI. I'd query if you have really/correctly/fully applied the latest update. There are plenty of other problems with Nitro, but the slowness of the program, especially for printing (I've had to wait up to 15 minutes in the past for a dialogue to appear) isn't currently one of them.

S Stonehocker

That's great that a patch has finally been presented for Version 11. However, I have 10 single user license copies of Version 10 that I absolutely will not shell out the $$ to upgrade to Version 11 (of which I have 4 licensed copies of). I'm extremely frustrated that Nitro cannot give us a patch for Version 10 or upgrade us free of charge! Frankly, I am sick of listening to my associates complain to me about how bad Nitro sucks.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@S Stonehocker I'm sorry to hear about that inconvenience.  Just an FYI, if you have current Software Assurance with your Nitro Pro 10 licenses, you qualify for a free upgrade to Nitro Pro 11. If you don't have Software Assurance, best offer I can make is to give you a 40% discount on an upgrade price. Please PM me if this is something you'd consider. 

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@truetalon my records show that you have purchased Nitro Pro 9 so I suspect that your PDF Creator is still from that version. I recommend using our cleanup utility, rebooting your machine and then reinstalling Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425. 

Cleanup utility instructions: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/utility/000003054

Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425 online installer: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Mario K. said:

@Klaus raul53 unfortunately, we will not be patching Nitro Pro 10, only version 11. 

I have similar problems with Nitro 10.5.9.9 periodically “freezing” for perhaps 30-60 seconds every few minutes.  Have contacted the Support Desk on a couple of occasions but still no joy. On the last attempt the email from “Leslie V” in Customer Support invited me to contact him/her if the suggested fix didn’t work.  It didn’t so I tried to contact him only to get a response that this “ticket has been closed” and to open another ticket!  Tried to lodge another ticket but again get another email message to say that I cannot get any support unless I have “Software Assurance”.  Now reading this forum I see from Mario K’s response that “unfortunately, we will not be patching Nitro Pro 10, only version 11”.  So where does that leave version 10 users – we have a pretty much useless product less than 2 years old which Nitro is refusing to support.  Extremely annoying for someone who has been a user since V7.  This is REALLY lousy service from Nitro.  If V10 cannot be fixed so that it works correctly with W10 - as it is supposed to - I support Jurgen’s suggestion that V10 users be offered an upgrade to V11.

Just installed 11.0.7.425 and it seems the performance issues have been addressed, including printing.

In the past, a reinstallation achieved the same outcome and through some cache or something, the performance would deteriorate over time. The printing, however, was always bad but this build has addressed printing.

Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, S Stonehocker said:

That's great that a patch has finally been presented for Version 11. However, I have 10 single user license copies of Version 10 that I absolutely will not shell out the $$ to upgrade to Version 11 (of which I have 4 licensed copies of). I'm extremely frustrated that Nitro cannot give us a patch for Version 10 or upgrade us free of charge! Frankly, I am sick of listening to my associates complain to me about how bad Nitro sucks.

I don't like software companies that require maintenance for bug fixes, I can understand maintenance for product upgrades and features but not bug fixes. In this instance, I don't think we can hold Nitro to account for changes that Microsoft made to the Operating System (although what I read was that software was impacted due to lazy coding - it would be good for Nitro to give us an explanation). We can hold Nitro to account for the months it has taken them to resolve the issue, not have a quick solution for those who do pay maintenance is inexcusable.

4 hours ago, emcs said:

I have similar problems with Nitro 10.5.9.9 periodically “freezing” for perhaps 30-60 seconds every few minutes.  Have contacted the Support Desk on a couple of occasions but still no joy. On the last attempt the email from “Leslie V” in Customer Support invited me to contact him/her if the suggested fix didn’t work.  It didn’t so I tried to contact him only to get a response that this “ticket has been closed” and to open another ticket!  Tried to lodge another ticket but again get another email message to say that I cannot get any support unless I have “Software Assurance”.  Now reading this forum I see from Mario K’s response that “unfortunately, we will not be patching Nitro Pro 10, only version 11”.  So where does that leave version 10 users – we have a pretty much useless product less than 2 years old which Nitro is refusing to support.  Extremely annoying for someone who has been a user since V7.  This is REALLY lousy service from Nitro.  If V10 cannot be fixed so that it works correctly with W10 - as it is supposed to - I support Jurgen’s suggestion that V10 users be offered an upgrade to V11.

I totally agree with emcs comments. I've used Nitro for over 10 years, upgrading with every second new version as most updates are incremental rather than real game changers. Currently on V10 and now looking at alternatives to Nitro as I don't like the  idea of  being forced to upgrade early due to an issue which Nitro could resolve if they had any respect for long standing customers. 

This update Jan 30, 2018, doesn't work. Just like previously suggested "fixes" it appears as if some cache is cleared then the problem with Nitro 11 sluggishness and crashing returns with a vengeance rendering the program incompatible with Windows 10 systems. My hopes have been dashed yet again:(

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@emcs and @kwn I'm copying my response to S Stonehocker since it's applicable to you as well: "I'm sorry to hear about that inconvenience.  Just an FYI, if you have current Software Assurance with your Nitro Pro 10 licenses, you qualify for a free upgrade to Nitro Pro 11. If you don't have Software Assurance, best offer I can make is to give you a 40% discount on an upgrade price. Please PM me if this is something you'd consider. 

• Power User
3 hours ago, Augustin said:

Just installed MS Update KB4058258 yesterday and Nitro Pro10 runs normal and fast again.

Give it 2-3 days and it will be back as slow as before. Almost every (even minor) update has fixed the problem, but always only temporarily.

• Power User
On 1/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, mfiske said:

All is Ducky! So far so good. Very quick program response now! Will watch, though, just in case...Ha!

Update...two weeks in and the program is working correctly except for the scanning quality on the Epson WF-7620 printer but I suspect that is a separate issue...Ha!

• 3 months later...

Archived