Nitro Pro 10 allocates all memory and freezes computer

greatscotts

I have Nitro 10 having issues on one PC

When opening certain PDFs, the computer will freeze - the whole system is unresponsive, only the mouse pointer moves. The computer must be hard booted

If I watch Task manager as Nitro opens the PDF, I see the RAM usage skyrocket to full, and then the system freezes

Is there a know resolution for this?

Thanks

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Are you already on the latest version of Nitro 10 (10.5.9.14)? If not, I would try that first- hopefully your issue will be cleared up.  Here's the download link: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads#productUpdates

Otherwise, besides doing a repair or reinstall of Nitro(Repair: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641) your only option is contacting support.

• 2 months later...

Hello GreatScotts!

Did you ever get this sorted??

I have the same issue now occurring on an RDS with Nitro Pro 11 installed, my client is fuming!

Whole server needs to be restarted after certain PDF's are opened!

Caleb

All of our users are now experiences freezes, delays, sluggishness, re-scaling...worse than ever.  Guess the only option is reboot, then reinstall (like we haven't tried that already).  Ain't gonna solve the problem...the problem's been happening since we started using Nitro Pro some time ago.  This is not a one-machine problem where my little trouble ticket will resolve this.  It's now just gotten undeniably worse now to the point we're considering dumping Nitro.  (BTW, printing is now an issue as well, latest version screwed that up as well.)  Yes, I'm on the latest 11.0.7.425.

Edited by RJRains

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @RJRains

Sorry to hear you are getting these issues even after updating to the latest build. Would you mind opening a support ticket regarding this so I can help you troubleshoot them? 

Please include detailed descriptions and test files so we can test them out as well. Looking forward to hearing from you!

23 minutes ago, RJRains said:

All of our users are now experiences freezes, delays, sluggishness, re-scaling...worse than ever.  Guess the only option is reboot, then reinstall (like we haven't tried that already).  Ain't gonna solve the problem...the problem's been happening since we started using Nitro Pro some time ago.  This is not a one-machine problem where my little trouble ticket will resolve this.  It's now just gotten undeniably worse now to the point we're considering dumping Nitro.  (BTW, printing is now an issue as well, latest version screwed that up as well.)  Yes, I'm on the latest 11.0.7.425.

I tried.  Can’t even open a support ticket!  Ya know, sometimes things are just omens…failed twice, all required fields completed, test file about 15MB pdf.

Hmm…something still seems to be wrong with submitting your ticket. Please head to our Community Forum and update us with your issue.” 

• Official Nitronaut
On 2/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, RJRains said:

I tried.  Can’t even open a support ticket!  Ya know, sometimes things are just omens…failed twice, all required fields completed, test file about 15MB pdf.

Hmm…something still seems to be wrong with submitting your ticket. Please head to our Community Forum and update us with your issue.” 

Hello @RJRains,

I have opened a support ticket for you. Please forward the files, screenshots, etc, so we can troubleshoot your issue.

Cheers!

• 2 years later...