Reactivate a license

Carlo Molon

My Nitro Pro 11 has turned to evaluation mode, it had valid license...
Activation process says can't reactivate because SN is used in another machine. I believe this issue happened after a recent Windows 10 update but it's only my guess.

The facts are:

1. I purchased a license that does not work anymore
  2. I can't reactivate the serial number
  3. I have a software insurance
  4. I submitted 2 tickets (one last week, one today) without any reply

Carlo

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Carlo I apologize for this inconvenience. We had some technical difficulties with our ticket submission form and all tickets were being directed to basic queue. That should be fixed by now. I looked into your ticket and responded to it so you should be good to activate your Nitro Pro license now. 

Eric Gonzalez

I have the same issue. I had a valid Nitro Pro 10 license and still have the proof of purchase and can't get a hold of anyone in support that can help me resolve this issue.

• I agree 1

Rubens Garcia

Very good, after the deactivation of the license of Nitro Pro 10, and the uninstallation, when trying to reinstall the application in the same pc, when I try to get the activation contraclave, the web tells me that the product is still activated. This has also happened to update to the latest available version of Nitro Pro 10, because under Windows 10 Pro, did not create PDF files correctly, and to update to the latest available version, the application was configured in English, I hope a quick solution . A greeting.

• 1 year later...
selcomoz@yahoo.com.br

Hi ,triying to change from once computer to other, i have been triying to get in touch with nitro team but no sucess,i have a licence/serial number how can is olve this issue since my old computer is damaged.

selcomoz@yahoo.com.br

HI i have nitro pdf licence/serial number .i need to change computers from the old to the new one,please advise how to do it as i tried a ticket but failed.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @selcomoz@yahoo.com.br,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following through private message?:

Nitro Pro version:
Serial Number:
Screenshot of the activation error message:

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by Reymund G.

• 2 months later...

Hi There

I have purchased nitro for my website w11stop.com but the speed of my site is the same. How can I check that nitro on my site is installed correctly and working fine?

Need help and appreciate your replies.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @JimO,

I have responded to the private message you sent. Please let me know if you need further assistance regarding Nitro Pro 11 activation issues. 

Kind Regards, 

Hello, 

I purchased Nitro Pro 9 and I would like to move it to my new computer. Could someone please help me? I downloaded Nitro Pro 12 on the new computer as a new trial but I'd like to register it. Please help me so I can start using my new computer. 
Thanks, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Camilopq,

Please be aware that Nitro serial number is tied up based on its version. A Nitro Pro 9 serial number can only be applied on a Nitro Pro 9 software. Applying Nitro Pro 9 license to a different version will generate an activation error message '-22 Error: Wrong License Number'.

With that, I recommend to uninstall Nitro Pro 12 on your new computer then install Nitro Pro 9 so you can activate it using your version 9 serial number. These are the steps:

1. Uninstall Nitro Pro 12 on your new computer. Refer to the link below on how to uninstall Nitro Pro:
How to Uninstall Nitro Pro
2. Download Nitro Pro 9 installer. Below are the direct download links:

Nitro Pro 9 32bit
Nitro Pro 9 64bit

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: 
32 bit vs 64 bit installers

3. Install Nitro Pro 9 by running the .exe installer. 
4. Activate Nitro Pro 9. Refer to the link below about Nitro Pro license activation:
How to Activate Nitro Pro

Kind regards, 

I am having a similar issue while using Nitro Pro 11, even after I have deactivated the product key from the activation link and re-activated it, the following day it reverts back to trial mode. Can someone please assist with this?

Hi!

Thank you for your response. I uninstalled Nitro Pro 12 and tried to install the Nitro Pro 9. However, when installing it, it shows a pop-up alert saying "Nitro Pro 9 Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely... Nitro Pro 9 setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, Run Setup Wizard again".

What should I do next? I restarted the computer, tried again and the same message popped up. 

I appreciate your help!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @jasonocrt,

Please be aware that I have responded to the private message you sent. Kindly let me know once you have the details I've requested so we can further troubleshoot the license issues. 

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Camilopq,

Please clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

Note: AppData folder is hidden by default. You can access this by typing the above path and replacing the your_username to your Windows user name

About the Wizard Ended Prematurely installation error message, I have seen that error message before and the common cause is permission/ownership access to WindowsApps folder. Even if your Windows account is a member of Administrators group or you are logged in using administrator account, the installation will fail as the account does not have permission/ownership to access WindowsApps folder.

I have created a .docx with screenshots for you to have a guide on how to successfully install Nitro Pro 9 including taking ownership of the WindowsApps folder to gain access. 

Please see attached .docx file and carefully follow the steps. 

Kind regards, 

Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely.docx

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Camilopq,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that it is working now. 

Thanks again for choosing Nitro Pro.

Kind regards,

• 4 weeks later...

I appear to be having the error 23 issue as well. I purchased a valid 12 pro license with unlimited updates. It was activated on this machine months ago, and has been working until yesterday. Today it informed me I have X days left in my trial of nitro pro...

I have the serial, purchase information, etc... I am unable to even contact Nitro directly without having purchased VIP access which is very annoying to say the least. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @PABJR,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Looking at your Nitro Pro 12 serial number, an activation went successful a few hours ago. 
Are you still having the same -23 activation error message? If yes, please try re-activating your Nitro Pro 12 software again and see how it goes. 

To activate, open the software then go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. 

Kind regards, 

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am having a similar issue with reactivating Nitro on my new computer. When I type my serial number into the Nitro Website it knows that it is a real serial number, but when I put the same number into Nitro, it says that The serieal number entered does not exist. 

I am unable to even contact Nitro directly without having purchased VIP access which is a huge hinderance here.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @HST,

Since I am unable to find your serial number, could you please provide it and a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab?

Also, a screenshot of the error message you have received after entering your serial number.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

To find out how to take a screen shot, check out this link: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/screen/000004108 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

our company has the same problem with Nitro 9. we have 5 licenses now changed one of the old computers to another and cant activate license. how can i deactivate license from old computer if its broken?