Reactivate a license

Carlo Molon

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Comp,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy:   https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

As a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Alternatively, if you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13, please let me know and I will ensure someone from our Sales team reaches out with the quote.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 months later...
Jeff Pettit

I purchased Nitro Productivity Suite version 12.  After taking a look at version 13 in a trial version, my paid version 12 has been eliminated.

I paid for this software and I need it to work. 

I've asked for help but when I follow the instructions, I end up going around in endless circles without resolution.

Please assist; I need a working version of this software.  Thank you.

Edited by Jeff Pettit

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeff Pettit,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

hello @Jeff Pettit,

Thank you for this information.

To further assist you, uninstall the version you current have by going to Control Panel \ Programs \ Programs and Features, reboot your machine and download Nitro Pro 12 installers from this page: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/online/000004464 

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Jeff Pettit

Thank you very much!

That solution worked.

My only comment is that I did not have to enter the serial number; but when it activated, the old serial number was displayed.

Thanks much for your help.

I'm greatly relieved; I can get back work now.

• 1 month later...
Heath Fowler

One of our end users is getting the -23 error.  It worked yesterday and today I tried having her type in her original serial number but it gave that -23 error.  How can I get this reactivated for this user?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Heath Fowler,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number your user is trying to activate?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Ronnel Paulino

Please contact the Nitro Support Team to deactivate devices belonging to this serial number.

For assistance please. Thanks

Scott Ellis

Sorry for the deletion and repost.  I was able to find my invoice where I paid for the license if needed.  

In my case I have a licensed Nitro 10 (download) and have never had a problem with it.  Out of nowhere it is asking me to either activate or start a free trial period?  If I open in "trial" mode will I be able to look up the license number?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ronnel Paulino,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scott Ellis,

In order to further assist you, did the affected machine installed a major Windows Update prior to this issue?

Also, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab?

Scott Ellis

It has had several updates over the last 2 weeks.  Does not appear to allow me to copy/paste the screenshot.  Seems the only option is to host it on a site and attach via URL?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scott Ellis,

To send the screenshot via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Badrinath Raghavendran
On 11/27/2017 at 9:50 PM, Carlo said:

My Nitro Pro 11 has turned to evaluation mode, it had valid license...
Activation process says can't reactivate because SN is used in another machine. I believe this issue happened after a recent Windows 10 update but it's only my guess.

The facts are:

1. I purchased a license that does not work anymore
  2. I can't reactivate the serial number
  3. I have a software insurance
  4. I submitted 2 tickets (one last week, one today) without any reply

Carlo

I have the IDENTICAL issue as above. Submitted 2 tickets no reply.

/Badri

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ronnel Paulino,

Thank you for the private message.

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 11 license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Badrinath Raghavendran,

Before continuing, please be aware that Nitro Pro 11 or older are already discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy . With that, support for the discontinued versions are no longer available.  

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

You may also want to purchase Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance) that entitles users to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support for one year after the purchase date. (Premium Support is prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team for one year after the purchase date).

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13 and to know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Please be aware that the issue of license reverting to 'Trial Expired' when a major Windows Updates was installed and generating null-id (Computer ID of all '0's) has been fixed in version 13. In addition to that and many other feature improvements, version 13 also contains some important security vulnerabilities fixes that you might want to consider when deciding whether to upgrade to it or not. You can find out more about these fixes here:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates 

However if you prefer working with an older version and as a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Our record shows you are experiencing an issue activating the license is because the computer that the software was installed on did not generate a proper Computer ID (which is a Nitro-specific ID, which generates a unique Computer ID for each computer that the software is installed on). Instead, a Computer ID of all '0's was generated.

Ronnel Paulino
10 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Ronnel Paulino,

Thank you for the private message.

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 11 license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

@AllainU

Hi Sir,

Can you  help to deactivate all my 11 licenses for PDF Nitro 11 so that i can re-assign those licenses to new user.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Jedmond Edmond

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with reactivating Nitro Pro v11 on a new PC.

I get an Error code -23 when activating, but when I check the serial number on the Activating Nitro Pro page, it shows there are 2 available licenses on an active account.

I have screenshots of the error and further information. Please message me or reply for details.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jedmond Edmond,

Please send me a private message along with your Nitro Pro 11 serial number so we could check its activation records.
To send a private message, simply mouse hover on my profile then click the 'Message' button. 

I look forward to your private message.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jedmond Edmond,

An adjustment has been made on your Nitro Pro 11 serial number. You should now be able to activate the software installed on your new computer. 
To activate, open Nitro Pro then go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your serial number then click on Activate. 

I hope this helps and thanks again for choosing Nitro Pro. 

Robert Lorea

Hello,

I am having problems reactivating my nitro license on 2 different keys. I used the tool to reset them to 0 and still getting a -23 error for both keys.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Robert Lorea,

Please provide the Nitro Pro serial numbers you used through private message. I will check its records as soon as I receive them. 
To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Robert Lorea,

Thank you for sending your Nitro Pro serial numbers through private message.
An adjustment has been made to your licenses and this should now allow you to proceed with the activation. 

Please give the activation another try and it should be good to go. 

Thanks again for choosing Nitro Pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are having a licence issue while using Nitro Pro 11. We have a server based License Checker with 10 purchased licenses and local user/computer installations. We have a problem with the license activation on a new computer, we cannot activate the licence, only trial mode. There should be free spare licenses. What could be the problem?, licence checker works fine on other computers.