Auto portrait or landscape printing

EricLi

Does anyone knows if there is a way to set up nitro, so that when you print, the page will automatically rotate to fit the paper orientation? 

Adobe reader have this tick box at its printing dialog selection.

P.S. Does any know why Nitro only have so few option in the print section. I find that for a lot of the print settings, I have to go to the printer preference to get the setting change. 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There is a way to do that- click on Page Scaling, and choose the option you want (probably auto-rotate & center).

There are additional options under the "Print All Pages" drop-down box.

If Auto-rotate & center is not working as you expect, and you're on 11.0.7.411, that's a known issue:

‘Auto - rotate and center pages’ option in Page Scaling settings under print menu does not work as expected. The printed document will not be rotated.

Workaround: Select ‘Use PDF page size to select paper source’ in Page Scaling settings. This will automatically rotate and center pages.

Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, Steven Zakulec said:

There is a way to do that- click on Page Scaling, and choose the option you want (probably auto-rotate & center).

There are additional options under the "Print All Pages" drop-down box.

If Auto-rotate & center is not working as you expect, and you're on 11.0.7.411, that's a known issue:

‘Auto - rotate and center pages’ option in Page Scaling settings under print menu does not work as expected. The printed document will not be rotated.

Workaround: Select ‘Use PDF page size to select paper source’ in Page Scaling settings. This will automatically rotate and center pages.

Hope that helps!

Yes, the page rotated after selecting the  ‘Use PDF page size to select paper source’ option.

Thanks a lot and hope they fixed up this issue in the next patch.

One last question, is going into the printer preference the only way to choose the paper size in Nitro Pro?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There's another way- you can change the paper size for any page in the PDF.  That's not really practical usually, but it's definitely an option- open the thumbnail view (the paper with 3 lines), and then right-click on the page you want to change, and choose the paper size.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm using    Pro 11.7.411.

I've tried the work around and it's still is not working....I'm actually getting a "separate sheet" with this error at the first time when the set turns and it stops the printing process:

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: KERNEL 1

Error:     IllegalAttributecombination

File Name: kerlib.c

Line Number:  1122

Please help if possible....this is very frustrating!!! :(

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Terri

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Terri H

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have searched 'IllegalAttributecombination' in Google found this related article:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-business-inkjet-1000-printer/448666/document/c00041744

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Hi AllainU,

I hate to be a bother....but that link was of no use .... only because when you scroll to the actual search of 'IllegalAttributecombination' in the article the answer is "NO SOLUTION". :(

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Terri H,

Thanks for your response.

Our records show you were able to upgrade from Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 12.

Does this mean you are still experiencing the same issue about auto-rotation of Portrait/Landscape?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Yes AllainU, unfortunately I did experience the same issue in 12.

I had to update my driver and "Uncheck" the "Use PDF page size...." option for it to work on that print job.  :(

Archived