No prompt on creation?

Googleye

Is there a way to not have it prompt for a file name and location for every file? Looking for a replacement to Acrobat and using mainly Revit and AutoCAD, when printing 20-30 files prompting for each file is... yeah.

Also does anyone know if I can change default paper size? The driver always reverts back to letter, we never use letter.

Does nobody know anything about this? Most drivers have an option to print without prompting but I can't find anything for Nitro. Currently using PDFCreator as a driver and Nitro as a viewer and editor, not really a good workaround when implementing Nitro for all of my colleagues. Can't get any support from Nitro either because I haven't bought it yet, well nobody would buy 10+ licenses for 3 years without making sure it works the way you expect it to...

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You can absolutely change all of these things.

There's two places you'll want to check- in Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook if you plan to use the Nitro Office plugin to convert documents, and the Nitro 11 PDF printer preferences (for whenever you are printing to PDF).

For the Office plugin, go to the Nitro Pro tab in the Office program.  You'll want to uncheck "Prompt for filename".

To change the paper size, turn off prompt for filename, and anything else for the Nitro PDF Printer, you'll want to go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers, and right click on Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 11).  Choose "Printer Preferences".

Prompt for filename is on the first tab, Default page size is on the second tab Pages.  There's Custom Forms if you need a paper size not listed there.

Hope that helps!

On 2017-12-05 at 6:24 PM, Steven Zakulec said:

You can absolutely change all of these things.

There's two places you'll want to check- in Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook if you plan to use the Nitro Office plugin to convert documents, and the Nitro 11 PDF printer preferences (for whenever you are printing to PDF).

For the Office plugin, go to the Nitro Pro tab in the Office program.  You'll want to uncheck "Prompt for filename".

To change the paper size, turn off prompt for filename, and anything else for the Nitro PDF Printer, you'll want to go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers, and right click on Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 11).  Choose "Printer Preferences".

Prompt for filename is on the first tab, Default page size is on the second tab Pages.  There's Custom Forms if you need a paper size not listed there.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your answer. I had the language set to Swedish, translation isn't perfect but I still couldn't find any relevant settings. Reinstalled with English and there it was, really weird but as long as it works right. Shame my sales contact stopped answering me because the application is brilliant..

Archived