Uninstalled w/out Deactivating

Selmir

I was having some difficulties with Nitro Pro so i figured by uninstalling and installing new one the issues would be resolved. I did this successfully but  i did not remember to deactivate prior uninstall. Now it states the licences is already activated/used. How do i go about resetting this? Need help asap!

I have the same problem.  Tried to get help from customer support but I guess you have to pay extra to get a person to explain to you how to re-activate a product you already paid for and cannot use.

Works thanks. But i still have same issue as previously which has to do with creating signature. I can not import a signature or create it. Not sure what i have to do.....Not many companies charge for customer service as the email said. I figure if i buy the product i get service with it. By the way this is through a business and many of our users are using this program. 

I have exactly the same problem. I recycled my laptop through Microsoft and now can't install on my new one. It's ludicrous that we need to jump through so many hoops to get something we have paid for working.

I have an old version (v6) which worked fine for my needs. I'm now not able to use it simply because I have a new Surface. It's nonsense!!!

Dave the Platypus

I have the same problem.  I submitted a help ticket 2 weeks ago, and have had no response at all, most likely because I did not purchase software assurance.  Funny thing is, I deactivated on my old computer and received a response that deactivation was successful.  Then I tried to install it on my new computer and got the dreaded "activation count exceeded".

I am an independent developer working on sensitive contracts, and at the end of each contract I wipe my laptop and reload to protect my client's IP.  So this arbitrary activation count thing is so counterproductive - I can see blocking someone if a license is still active, but just limiting to 3 activations when you follow the rules and deactivate?  Really?

So here I sit a few weeks later, and I can't use the software I purchased, I can't get a response from support, and I am made to feel like I am a criminal for wanting to use what I paid for...  

I'm with you, Dave. I posted an issue with reactivation after the windows 10 fall upgrade and went through regular channels. Was told by Nitro to contact Cleveridge and by Cleveridge to contact Nitro. I tried this board but still no reply. As you said, it's exceedingly frustrating to purchase software and not be able to use it. I think they started this Assurance thing with Nitro 11 but I didn't sign up for that. I purchased Nitro 10...and a version or two before that. I purchased it under the impression that I would get support with the product and not have to pay a monthly fee when things go wrong.

Seems everyone now in the software industry wants a monthly fee for this and a monthly fee for that. It adds up and is exceedingly frustrating. I miss the days when software companies made a product and sold it and that was it. Making sure the product was properly coded and worked for the masses was their issue. 

Dave the Platypus

As a software developer myself, I totally get the need to secure revenue streams.  If I had contacted support because I was running an Insider's version of Windows and things went sideways, I could understand the radio silence if I didn't have software assurance.  But this is a fundamental thing - and to make matters worse, people who HAVE software assurance have been complaining here about the radio silence coming from support.  So it isn't just me.

Like you (BMinor) I have been a long-time user.  I've been around for at least 4 major upgrades.  The last few have been troublesome since they locked down activations to 3.  Even if I follow the rules and deactivate (assuming that actually works), I am only allowed to activate a total of 3 times before I hit this.  After every project I wipe my laptop to protect my client's IP, so depending on contract length this could happen multiple times per year.  This has become a real problem for me.

To be fair, though, Marko did respond last night and I was able to activate.  I hope it was NOT because I left some messages all over the board here in the last 24 hours and that is was a backlog.  But I am up and running finally with 36 hours or so to spare.  Until next time.  V12 is coming early next year, and I have some serious soul-searching to do about upgrading again.

I have a similar problem as the original post.  I uninstalled Nitro Pro 11 without deactivating the license.  I am now trying to reinstall the program.  The system puts me through this continuous loop such that when I try to download Nitro Pro 11 is states  "We heard you want to leave . . ." and asks me to uninstall Nitro.  There's nothing to uninstall as the program is already uninstalled.  I need a way to deactivate the license while not having Nitro Pro itself on the computer.  I trust once I can get that done, I will be able to download and reinstall the program(?).  I have a valid Nitro Pro 11 Serial Number.

Archived