Sharlan

Sorting files by date

Question

Sharlan

When I select file/open, the directory displays file names and sizes. I would like to see the date of modification so I can sort and select by date. How do I access that option? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Steven Zakulec

In Nitro 11, once you've gotten far enough to see file sizes, you're seeing a Windows dialogue that you can change by right-clicking one of the column heads (Name, Type, Size) and choosing which columns you want, and how you want the list sorted.

Sharlan

I want to sort by date saved. That isn't an option.

Edited by Sharlan

Steven Zakulec

From my testing, the Windows file open box remembers the folder settings you give it (Open Nitro 11, go to the open menu, switch the file dialogue from sort by name to date modified, choose a file, close Nitro, re-open, confirm the file dialogue is still sorted by Date Modified instead of Name).

I'm using Nitro 11 here, and Windows 10.

It's important to note that there's no way to sort the Recent Documents list in the Open menu- this always shows the documents you opened most recently to earliest.

If you click on Computer under Open, those folder can't be sorted either.

Once you click on Browse, you get to the Windows file open dialogue and that can be sorted- you probably want to click on Date Modified, so the most recently saved items are at the top, instead of the items being sorted alphabetically.

Hopefully this helps- if not, let me know.

Sharlan

In Nitro 11, I select File/open/Dropbox/portfolio and I see 2 columns: file name and size. I see no option to add "Date saved" to the menu at the top. I right clicked in that menu bar with no results

nitro-image.jpg