Automatic Restart Issue

Joe T

Every time that I close out of the program (working on Pro 11) a pop up window shows up and stating that "Nitro Pro is restarting" (see window here) then subsequently restarts. Is there some way to eliminate the restart? 

• 3 months later...
Chris Elford

I am using the free trial of Pro 11 and have the same issue. Using Win 7 Pro.

Very annoying to have it restart when you close the program. I am a Pro 10 subscriber and signed up for Pro 12, but may have to cancel if this is not resolved and carries on into Pro 12.

Is there a solution?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There's something you can try- there's a registry key that controls whether or not AutoRecovery is used, and if Nitro crashed the last time it opened.

Ideally, you'd be able to get whatever the real issue causing the crashes fixed, but in the event you can't, here's how to find and use those registry keys.

A word of warning here- these keys aren't documented, could change at any time, and be very careful when making registry changes in general- things could go very wrong.

That said, go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\kPreferences

The two keys of interest are kPrefGeneralUseAutoRecovery & kWasCrash

The values for these keys use two values: /b 0 and /b 1.

0 usually means off or no, and 1 usually means on or yes.

My guess is that setting the AutoRecovery key to /b 0 and the kWasCrash key to /b 0 might help you.  If Nitro is still restarting, make sure you are on the latest version of Nitro 11- 11.0.7.425 ( https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads)

Thanks Steven, that appears to have done it! my AutoRecovery was set to 1 and changes to 0 and no longer restarts. My kWasCrash key was already set at 0 and made no changes to that.

Archived